Alex entered the car and his anger turned into a miserable pout. "Roll, Derek we are clear." So, we could finally move and catch our running flight.

***********

"You didn't do it, right Alex?" I turned my accusing eyes at him and he gave me a sheepish smile. Is he fucking kidding me, if he already decided to use my company's private jet as our ride, then why all the fight, lecture, and sad faces.

"We talked about this Alex, didn't we?" He looked at me, confusion written all over his face. This guy tests my patience with a passion.

"We can't use the company's jet for our personal use again and again," I pointed out politely.

"Yeah?" Did he just make it sound like a question. I didn't know why I even invested my time in making him understand.

I decided to move my ass and took it inside the jet. "Leila." Odd name right, because the moron I am traveling with named her randomly but she is such a beauty.

My most favorite thing in Leila was the name painted in bold black letters across her outer shell 'Clay Inc.'. It gave me the sense of satisfaction, knowing my hard work was paying off.

I had personally designed the customization of 'Boeing 767' for company usage. No shock, Alex loved to travel in her and never left a chance to bribe me into selling Leila to him. While twenty sitters dining area, huge master bedroom and posh entertainment area gave it an elegant look, much to Alex disappointment I finished it with a lavish private office.

As we entered the jet, the flight attendant Lewis and pilot Katherine gave us a warm welcome, "Hello Ms. Clay, it's my pleasure to meet you, I am a new captain of Leila." Katherine expressed her pleasure as we shook hands. After greetings, she wished us an enjoyable ride and disappeared behind a door to prepare for take-off.

Lewis came forward to help us with our jackets and with a nod in my way, he moved away. We took our seats for take-off and Lewis came back, asking for drinks but I stopped him for a chat. 'How are you doing?' I signed to him; Lewis was deaf and preferred sign language.

I remembered the night I found him. It was unusual for me to go back side of any club but an urgent client call and dizzy legs took me outside in the cold night. It was when I turned to leave after finishing the call, my eyes landed on a seventeen-year-old boy behind a dumpster, trying to cover himself from cold. I approached him with cautions and he folded himself in his own arms with my every step.

"Hey, don't be scared." It was my first words to Lewis and with that, he started moving his shaking hands in an attempt to make me understand.

'Please, don't hurt me, I'll leave, I promise. I was only attempting to find something to eat, please.' He moved his hand so fast with tears brimming down his face, maybe he was thinking I didn't know sign language and were going to report him.

It was when I signed back at his heart broken plead, 'Don't worry sweetie, you are safe with me.' His sobs subsided for a few second but the flood broke again when I hugged him. He poured his heart out on our way to a nearby restaurant. That night was the beginning of our great friendship.

'I'm good, but I missed you.' He replied with a pout on his face. I smiled at his response and with it, he opted out to get us our drinks.

I sat back, fastened my seat belt and waited for the moving clearance.

"Will you tell me the surprise now or is it same old 'we are going to the Philippines, it's a surprise' bullshit you keep feeding me for last three days?" I asked my dearest friend who kept me on my toes all the time.