Epilogue

Raphael heard about Taylor on the news only a few days after his rescue. It wasn't specifically stated that it was her, but he knew. The news story recounted almost every detail of the Purple Dragon member that turned herself in.

He has to admit, he didn't think that she was going to go to the police station. She had been so afraid of it before.

A week or so after her arrest, the Hamato Clan sees a news story in action. They watch the Mutacorp building from afar, surrounded by police cars with officers guarding the perimeter. Raphael can't help but smirk at the sight of Dr. Sabrian being shoved into a police car, complaining and shouting the entire time. Many of the other scientists are taken to the cars while others are kept outside, being interviewed by news stations and officers alike. Destiny points out Hanovitz among the latter group and while not overjoyed, the team can't help but feel a little bit of relief.

Apparently, Sabrian planned for the press to arrive on this day to document his discoveries. Instead, the cameras and microphones captured his downfall.

"So that's the end of Mutacorp," Leonardo says as he moves to perch next to Raphael.

Raphael eyes him sideways. "Yup. I bet it helped that they had a few spies on the inside."

The brothers linger at the scene. Hanovitz nods to a police officer and they lead her to one of the cars, although she isn't cuffed. Raphael allows himself a moment to wonder what will become of her and another moment to wish her luck. Behind him, his team starts back towards home.

"Raph, you coming?" Leonardo asks.

Raphael sighs and gets to his feet, tearing his eyes away from the scene. "Yeah," he says. Leonardo starts to walk away. "Hey, uh...Leo?"

"Yeah?" He turns to face him with a calm smile.

The red-masked brother rubs the back of his neck. "I don't think I ever apologized for what I said," he says. "Y'know, during our fight? I'm sorry."

Leonardo's eyes widen, he blinks, then his expression melts into teasing. "Wait...what?" he asks, reaching a hand to his ear.

Raphael shoves him with a small laugh. "You heard me."

Another smile. "Thank you, Raph. I'm sorry for how I acted too."

They rejoin their family, leaving Mutacorp behind for good.

----------

In the coming weeks, April and Casey keep the turtles updated on Taylor's court case. It goes smoothly, they tell them. She pleads guilty to most of the charges presented, but thanks to a history of abuse within the gang and the fact that she is trying to get out, her final judgement wasn't as harsh.

"Probation," Casey says. He doesn't look up from the TV screen, game remote buttons clicking. "I think the dude said it was going to be a year, maybe less if she stays on good behaviour."

"Wow," Michelangelo murmurs, narrowing his eyes as he swerves his character expertly. "Sounds scary."

"Better than jail. Good thing Tay wasn't involved in any crime before the Dragons. April said that can affect the sentence."

Michelangelo glances towards the kitchen as their race ends, where he can see April telling the others about what's going on. Raphael is the only one missing, still practicing in the dojo.

"So what happens to her now?" Michelangelo asks.

Casey shrugs. "She wears an ankle tracker thing, she obeys every law there is, she reports to a probation officer, and...I don't know, life goes on?" He purses his lips. "It's her new start, I guess."