Chapter 1: Chili Pepper

Some say, if you dream of a red chili pepper, it is an indication that you may either fall into a sexual contact with someone or fall into a hot argument with someone.

🌶️

"Bzzt...break in at a bank on...zzt...street. Purple Dragons...bzzt...seen."

Raphael frowns, placing on hand over his headset earpiece as he fiddles with the scanner on the police radio. Leonardo glances at him for a split second before returning his focus to the road ahead.

"PDs?" he asks.

Donatello taps on his computer keyboard, fingers dancing from letter to letter, russet eyes narrowed as his tongue pokes out the side of his mouth. "Looks like it. If I can just pinpoint which bank is getting robbed—"

"Oh, there's a bank on Canal, like, two blocks from here!" Michelangelo chirps as he drags one green finger over his map. "The Chase bank! I bet it's that one!"

"Don't guess, Mikey. Accuracy is important, especially in stopping a robbery." Donatello sighs and cranks his neck closer to the screen, still trying to pinpoint the correct spot.

Leonardo swerves the ShellRaiser, careening around a corner as he continues towards the area Michelangelo mentioned. Thankfully, there are a few banks in that area, he thinks. His brothers let out mutters of annoyance at the sudden jostling, but Leonardo ignores the whines.

Raphael, finding nothing but white noise, shuts off the scanner and turns his attention to his headset just as a new voice comes through.

"Raph, come in, do you copy?" the voice asks, her pitch lowered to sound more official.

He rolls his eyes. "There's a PD break in at a bank, maybe somewhere on Canal. We're not sure. Have you got anything, Destiny?"

There's silence for a moment. Leonardo tilts his head towards them, straining to hear. "Two blocks away, there's some smoke. A possible explosion," Destiny says. "Looks like it could be Chase. I'll let Sarina know."

Michelangelo flashes a smug grin. "Told you." At the gloating, Donatello mumbles to himself and becomes seemingly enthralled with the coding lining his screen.

"I heard that we have a potential problem with fire-breathing reptiles?" a second voice asks, making Donatello shift out of his slouch. There's a laugh from the line. "Where to?"

"Two blocks northbound," Donatello calls. "Bank robbery!"

Raphael taps his mic. "Let's speed things up. Sarina, you copy that?"

"I copy," she responds.

"Aw, yeah, girl power!" Destiny howls.

Leonardo nods and steps on the gas as they lurch around another corner. The nearer they get, the clearer the smoke cloud that billows into the sky becomes. The four brothers lock on to two shapes in the sky, one slim and streamlined, the other with an impressive wingspan.

Raphael rolls his shoulders and smirks. "I needed something to do," he mutters.

Leonardo parks the ShellRaiser and the turtles move out and up to the rooftops. They move swiftly and silently, eyes white, and soon enough the bank comes into view. Smoke billows from the windows, fire licking at the glass pains, and the ninjas perch for a moment. Destiny and Sarina touch down behind them, casting only a brief smile before focusing.

"Care to relay the plan?" Sarina asks.

"If any of the Dragons try to bolt, you two take them down," Leonardo answers.