When I First Saw You...

Start from the beginning

Momma sighed. "Neverland? That's what it's called?" I nodded. "Yes ma'am. I mean it's magical here. You should see the twins too. Poor things growing up on me already." Momma laughed. "I bet they are. So, Christmas is around the corner and all. When do you want us to come up?"

"Well...Michael's inviting his family. So maybe sometime a week before Christmas." "That's nice sugar. I'll pack my things." "Yes ma'am," I replied, "see you then." "See you baby girl. Take care of yourself and your family." "Yes ma'am," I repeated, "bye Momma."

As soon as I hung up somebody grabbed my shoulder and turned me around. "Now you know, I am not inviting all eight of my siblings!" "Why not? Some of them haven't even seen the twins...speaking of twins. Where are my babies?" Michael pointed to Solange, who was singing to the twins softly. I smiled and leaned on Michael. He held me tightly. I turned and nestled my head into his chest.

"This isn't going to be fun. I'm telling you."

Dana introduced me to one of Michael's good friends. Elizaebeth Taylor. "Oh my. She's beautiful! And look at the kids!" Elizabeth smiled and kissed the twins like they were her own children. "Oh Beyonce, you've made Michael very happy. You know that right?" I nodded. "So, Michael's first Christmas," She said.

"Wait this is his first?!" I asked in shocked. Dana and Elizabeth nodded. "You didn't know dear. Oh it's alright. I guess religion isn't a big deal when you're so in love." "Yes Ms. Taylor." Elizabeth threw her fur coat on the couch and began planning. "I'm Liz to you Ms. Beyonce." I smiled. "Alright Liz." Elizabeth looked around the living. "You leave this to me," Liz replied," Michael's going to love it come Christmas."

Christmas Eve...

As Christmas creeped forward, more members of Michael's family showed up. Momma, Solange, and I were busy in the kitchen cooking Christmas dinner. Michael still hadn't arrived yet. So I was pysched!!

Mchael refused to invite his family so it was just Momma, Elizabeth Taylor, Dana, Solange, Kelly, Michelle, the twins, Michael, and I. Kelly and Michelle got here an hour ago. Elizabeth was out with Michael. We were going to have a dinner, but not mention anything about Christmas till tomorrow. I grinned as I imagined Michael on Christmas. He was already a big kid, so I couldn't wait to see all the gifts I got for him. Something fun..

We set the table and lit the candles. The Christmas tree was well hidden for Michael to see. So we were in the clear for now. Kelly whistled. "All this for Michael?" I turned around. "He's never celebrated Christmas," I replied. "Never?" Michelle chimed in. "Never. This is his very first one." Elizabeth came through the door.

"The best friends are home!"

I jumped up and shot towards the door, but Momma held me back. "Calm down," she whispered. I sighed and picked up Prince who was now 9 months. I smiled and stared at Michael. He was gaping at everything. "What's all this?" He whispered. I smiled. "Something we put together for you, baby." I kissed his cheek. "Come on. Let's eat," Solange exclaimed!

Michael and I laughed as we shared a glass of wine in front of the fire place in the bedroom.  "You think I don't know," Michael whispered. Everybody was either in bed or left to go home. My eyes widened. "You know what?" Michael rolled his eyes as he drank the red wine.

"My first Christmas," Michael replied.

I grinned. "I mean, it's your first Christmas. With a wife and kids. It's your very first Christmas Michael. Christmas is about love and reflecting on life too. You know?" Michael nodded. "I thank Jesus every day though." "For what?" I whispered. Michael looked at me and held my chin.

"You. It's like God put me in the perfect dream. I love it. I thank him everyday for you, for our kids, for love. I'm thankful for you and second chances. Beyonce, you're the reason why I'm still living. You know that right?" I smiled and looked down and held his hand. "Michael, I don't understand why yo-"

"You don't have to understand," Michael announced softly. I chuckled. "I don't?" Michael shook his head as he carressed me in his arms. I pressed my ear against his chest and listened to that heart. That heart that loved everyone, the vulnerable loving heart that still loved me even when I did him wrong. That heart that was so strong against the pain.

I let the sweet rhythm allure me to sleep. I looked into Michael's eyes before I slipped into dreams. "You're my dream," I whispered. "I don't want to wake up," I added.

Michael's POV

Christmas is a time of reflecting....

Flashback...

I remember first seeing her. On the stage with a grin on her face. Her eyes widened when I approached her. Kenny spoke for the girls, but I knew the one I saw wanted to say so much more. She looked down and looked up again at me. I smiled and introduced myself. "I'm Michael."

"Beyonce...."

We shook hands and the eletricity hit me. I felt my heart rate triple in response. Yeah...that's her.

Another flashback...

I held her in my arms. We just made love for the very first time. I couldn't be shot down from this cloud. I remember how I dreamed about her. I wanted her in my life. I looked down at Beyonce and smiled. "You're my Princess. And I'm not going to let another man hurt you like the last one did." I kissed Bey's forehead. She couldn't even respond, because she was snoring in my chest. I laughed and hugged her. "It's fine."

The present...

Now everything was a reality for me, but even in this revetting dream that seemed to have dark moments, I seem to always have my dream to have a happy ending. I buried my face into Bey's hair and hugged her tightly. Anything could happen.

"Yeah, this is my dream. Mine to live mine to love. Merry Christmas Beyonce." I placed her gift on the night stand and turned out the light. "May you dream things that you only you love."

Author's Note: I'm crying right now. I can't even..begin to explain how much this chapter is so beautiful to see. I love this song by Jamie Foxx and Beyonce, because my sister got married on the first of June and she walked down to this song. And it was so beautiful and I loved it, and I just wanted this story to have a chapter like this. This is a beauitful chapter. If you cry while reading this, then I reached you in a way that I've dreamed about. And if I haven't, you need to keep dreaming. You'll understand eventually.. I know you will.