When I First Saw You...

Start from the beginning

"No child," I said. I plucked the noodles from her hand and pushed it further across the table. Prince laughed. Princess glared at him and stood up in my lap. I laughed and held her. "Don't you dare Ms. Lady," I said. Princess slapped her hand down in the rice and giggled.

I groaned and grabbed a wipe. "I'm gonna need you to chill out. Can you do that for me?" Princess looked at me and grinned a toothless grin. That's when I noticed something. A little speck of white peeking out of her gums. I smiled.

"Oh Solange! Princess is teething!" Solange looked over and I pointed to the little white mark on the top of Princess's gums. She laughed. "Poor baby. That stuff is gonna hurt. Prince isn't teething though."

"He's the baby between them."

Prince looked up at me and squinted his big brown eyes to slits. "Yes sir I'm talking about you," I stated to the eight month old. Prince whipped his head around to his aunt and buried his fast in her chest. Solange gasped. "Oh alright. At least we know he's straight," she said. I laughed and bounced Princess on my lap.

Beyonce and Dana came out of the dining room laughing. Solange and I looked up at them. I bounced Princess in my lap. Beyonce looked at me and pointed upstairs. I nodded and handed Princess to Dana. "Everything OK?" I mouthed. She nodded and shrugged.

"We got a lot of work to do," she whispered. I knew that. Beyonce was already upstairs. I sighed and patted Dana's shoulder. "We'll go through it together." I walked up the stairs and saw Bey sitting on the bed. She sighed. "It's crazy y'know," she said.

"What's crazy?" I asked as I leaned against the wall. Bey looked up. "It seemed like just a year ago...I was in an abusive relationship. I couldn't function right. I functioned in fear until you moonwalked in my life." I chuckled. "Moonwalked?" I asked. She shrugged. "Meh, you dance a lot around the house now." I smiled and sat down on the floor in front of her. "I have two very demanding critics." Bey rolled her eyes. 

"Tough crowd 24/7." 

We both sat in silence. "So I'm thinking about a tour," Beyonce said slowly. "I heard," I replied. Bey sighed. "So can I go?" I grumbled and laid down on the floor. "I'll think about it." Bey sighed. "I already know you're about fuss at me-" I shot up and squinted my eyes. "No I'm not going to fuss. I'm just going to postpone my schedule and spend the whole tour with you."

Beyonce's eyes widened. "The whole time??" I nodded. "I just want you to know that. Alright?" I asked. Bey nodded. "i guess I could start touring in the next two months." I shook my head. "No you are not. Beyonce it's almost December. You are not touring during Chistmas or on New Years . That's something I will not let you do." Bey gaped. "Why?" "N. O." Bey sighed and threw her hands up.

"All right. All right. We can have our first Christmas here." I frowned. "Umm...I don't know about all that," I whispered. "Why?" Bey whispered as she helped me into bed. I sighed. "Well...my religion states that I'm not allowed to celebrate holidays." Bey replied, "Bullshit!" "Hey, it's the truth. Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate holidays." Bey rolled her eyes. "We're going to anyway. Jehovah can allow his people to at least be thankful for a day." Bey chewed her lip. "In fact, why not invite your siblings?" I shook my head.

"Beyonce, I"ve warned you about these people all ready. Having them all together under the same roof is scary." Bey laughed. "Please. Now you know how my family was. We were just smaller." I sighed and watched Bey get up. "You're leaving?" "I'm going to call Momma and see if she can fly up here and call your folks Michael." I groaned reluctantly.

This oughta be fun...

Beyonce's POV

I sat on the stool in the kitchen as I called Momma. "Hello, Knowles House." My heart stopped and clenched. "Who's calling?" I cleared my throat. "Daddy," I said slowly, "it's Bey. May I speak to Momma?" I heard the voices in the background. "Hey baby. How are you?" "Good. Momma I was wondering if you would like to spend Thanksgiving with Michael and I. You know? We're having dinner at Neverland."