Chapter 7

Donnie's POV

"I know what it is," I said looking down at this small circular device.

I looked up and everyone was staring at me. They knew there was disappointment in my voice, which made them even more curious.

"I was looking at where the wires were..." I started but got interrupted.

"Yeah so what is it," Raph asked impatient.

I gave him an evil glance. If he wants to know what it is, he'll have to let me finish.

"Anyways," I continued. "I was looking at where the wires were connected to, and notice something. Not only were there wires in there, but there was a very small chip in it too!"

They all looked at me confused.

"So what is it?" Raph asked again.

I sighed. "I was getting to that," I explained. "That chip is to locate and record wherever it went, therefore it is some sort of tracking device!"

Everyone's eyes went big. By there reactions I could tell that this was the last thing that they were expecting.

"So who put this tracking device on you and how long has it been on you?" Leo asked curiously.

"Well, it probably hasn't been on that long since nothing has happened to us, and I think maybe the Shredder put it on."

Once again everyone was shocked.

"Are you sure it was the Shredder?" Mikey asked me hoping that it wasn't.

"I'm pretty sure, during the fight earlier I do remember something tickle the back of my neck," I said hoping that I'm wrong even though I don't think I am.

"Now that we know what it is, can I smash it?" Raph asked.

"No!" I said. It may get rid of the device, but the places it's been are recorded.

We all were silent after I said that. This was really bad news. The Shredder can track where our lair is now. For all we know, he can walk in at any minute!

"We need a plan," Leo suggested. "We need one fast, but well made."

We all nodded our heads on agreement.

"I'll meet with you guys in the kitchen in a few minutes. I'm going to tell Master Splinter what's going on, then we'll make the plan." Leo told us.

Since I had a few minutes to myself, I decided to do something that I didn't find stressful. I decided to work on upgrading the weapons on the Shellraiser.

The weapons were okay, but they weren't all that great. The first thing I plan on doing is adding something at the front of it to shoot out fire. It's not going to be easy, but it will be awesome when it's done.

Just when I was about to start, Raph came in the lab looking scared.

"Are you okay?" I asked as he took a seat in my spinning chair.

"Yeah, I'm just a little worried," he explained.

"I am too," I admitted.

It was kinda awkward after that. We didn't say anything else, he just kinda watched me work.

"How do you know how to do all of this anyways?" Raph asked observing my every move.

"I've been doing it forever, so it's just easy for me," I told him.

I grabbed my drill and drilled in a screw into a sheet of metal. Just as I was about to drill another hole in the metal, Mikey came in.

"Time to have our meeting," Mikey said.

"I'll be right there," I said putting my drill down.

Mikey left, but Raph waited for me. We went into the kitchen shortly after he called us.

"We need a plan that is doable tonight," Leo said.

"And one that will actually work," Raph added on to what Leo said.

"I'll write down suggestions then we'll make an official plan," Leo said holding a pencil, and a paper in front of him.

"What if we just go somewheres else for the night?" Mikey asked.

"That could work, but Shredder would most likely follow everyplace that the tracker has been, and end up finding the lair." I said.

"Are you sure it wouldn't work if we just smashed it?" Raph asked.

"No that wouldn't work," I said. "It world stop tracking where it went, but it would still have the places it's been recorded." I explained again.

Raph thought it through, and I guess it made sense to him since he didn't ask to smash it again.

"You're saying its been recorded, right?" Leo asked making sure he understood.

"Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying."

"Where is it being recored on?" Leo asked.

"Probably on some computer," I answered.

"Then would everything be erased if the computer was destroyed?"

"Well not everything would be erased, but you wouldn't be able to have access of the coordinates of where the track has been," I told everyone.

"Then why don't he destroy the computer?" Leo suggested.

"That actually can work," I said.

"Wait, what's going on? I wasn't really listening," Mikey said.

The three of us sighed. Why did we even invite Mikey here? He never listens to it anyways.

"We're going to destroy the computer that they can see where the tracker has been, so they won't have access to see where the tracker has gone," I explained trying to make it so Mikey would understand.

"Oh okay," Mikey said.

I saw Leo jot down some ideas or thoughts. I think he was coming up with a plan.

"I think this is what we'll do," Leo started. "We'll split up into two groups. One group will go to Shredders lair and destroy the computer, while the other group stays in the sewers incase Shredder comes to the lair." Leo announced.

"So basically one group does all of the work?" Raph asked.

"Well, the one group will do more work then the other, unless shredder comes to the sewers," Leo explained.

The two groups make sense to me. It's kinda like we have two plans going at once.

"Donnie and I will go to Shredders lair, and you two, Raph and Mikey will guard the sewers. If you need help, get Master Splinter," Leo said.

"Why am I always stuck with him?" Raph asked referring to Mikey.

"Because Donnie knows how to disable the computer, and I'm going with him because it's dangerous there," Leo replied to Raph.

"We better get moving soon," I suggested.

"Yeah I just need a few more minutes, Leo said. "Raph and Mikey, I don't want you two to stay in the lair, but I want you guys to stay by it, and be prepared for anything" Leo said.

"We'll only phone you if we need a lot of help," Raph said. "Which we shouldn't.

"I think that's all, anything I'm missing?" Leo asked.

We all thought for a moment to make sure Leo covered everything. No one added to what he had to say, so I think that was everything.

"C'mon Donnie, lets go break some computers." Leo said followed by a smirk.

"That I'm good at doing," I joked as we were about to leave.