Chapter 17 : Unexpected

I woke up the next day feeling rejoice and happy, thinking of different ways to approach Harry after the last night. The night was a total success according to me. I wore my favorite white t-shirt that day, and was overly excited for my classes.

I didn't tell anyone anything about last night because I knew that I would be bombarded with questions if I said it. So, it was just a little secret between Harry and I. It was also the first time I went with Harry without telling anyone and was happy that I was being myself.

But, all my excitement went to vain when a new guy, Jake sat next to me, which made Harry to sit somewhere else. Although I really wanted him to sit with me, I couldn't just say that to Jake. I remember Harry stared at the guy for a while but sat somewhere else without even acknowledging my presence.

He didn't wave, or smile or looked at me.

It was like last night never happened. I looked at him from my peripheral view but always saw him doing something, everything but feeling my eyes on him. It kind of broke me that last night was beautiful.

As soon as the class ended, Harry, like always was the first one to leave and that left me with confusion. Why was he acting so strange?

Because he's Harry Styles. My subconscious reminded me.

He made the other girls feel special and happy and then leave her broken without even caring for anything else. He could never care about anything but himself. But after he opened up a little bit last night, I thought something changed. But surely I was in delusion.

That was Harry Styles and his trick.

I was confused about what to do next. I didn't like it but I was going to do anything to keep myself preoccupied. But I wasn't  much affected by Harry, he was like a little chapter in my life, more like an experiment. Sure, I had a nice time with him but the evilness is deep inside him. A cruel Harry Styles always made an appearance making every girl to regret being with him but that wasn't the case with me. I knew I was strong and this was how it was supposed to end. The project was still on without any other plan, I guess. What was I supposed to tell the others?

They had no idea about our special meet and Harry was already ignoring me.

"Hey." I was suddenly brought back to reality by a voice.

I looked at the source of voice and saw Jake, the new guy standing in front of me.

I realized that I was still sitting on my seat in the class, and we were the only ones left there.

"Oh sorry. You were saying something?"

"I was trying to get your attention for the past 5 minutes but you were not here."

"Sorry, I was thinking." I said, pushing my bangs at the back.

"yeah, I know. I was just a little worried. By the way, I'm Jake."

"I know. I'm Taylor." I smiled.

Jake was very handsome, he has brown hair and nice features. The way he talked, the confidence he had was alluring. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt with blue jeans which perfectly fitted him.

"So, Taylor. Do you know where room 307 is?"

"Yeah. It's in the third floor, 3rd class."

"Okay. Thanks. I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled and left the room.

I was left alone in the class and that made me think of the reasons I should tell the girls I don't want to be part of our project.

Reason 1 : I think it's boring.