"It's confusing okay?" I say exasperated.

"What's confusing?" Lilly and I turn to see Cassie bound up to us, smiling. Lilly and I share a look, not sure if we should tell her. I know she really hates Jake.

"Nothing," I sing out, and Lilly shakes her head in agreement. Cassie narrows her eyes slightly, but doesn't say anything.

"Alright...What class do you guys have,"

"Math," Lilly says quickly. Oh boy, Lilly can't hide anything for the life of her. Cassie gives us another suspicious look and is about to say something before the warning bell rings. She turns around and swiftly walks to wherever her class is, while Lilly and I hurry down the hallway to our class. We arrive just on time and the teacher sends us a sour look. Jake raises his eyebrows at me and gives me a questioning look when I sit down. I give him a look that tells him to leave it be so he does and looks back to the front of the class. The teacher drones on her lesson. My phone buzzes. I halfway pull it out of my pocket and glance at the teacher.

'This is boring ' It's from Jake.

'You want to get in trouble again?" I reply and jam my phone back into my pocket when the teacher turns around. "Baby" I mouth to Jake When he looks at me. He rolls his eyes at me.

'You're the baby for being afraid to get in trouble,' I ignore it and put my phone away again. A few minutes later it buzzes again. I glare at the back of Jake's head. I can see his phone from here! The teacher doesn't even care though as he drones on with the lesson. My phone goes off a few more times. Lilly sends me a strange look, probably because of the annoyed face I have on. I nod my head towards Jake and a look of understanding crosses her face. Jake turns around and nods towards my phone. I shake my head no. He pouts and I refrain from smiling. Can't lose! I look towards the front and try to put all my attention into my notes. My phone goes off a few more times, and I can't help it, I smile. I try to muffle it, but my lips probably look like they are twitching goofily. Jake catches my smile and a grin crosses his face in triumph. I send him a playful glare. "you owe me" he mouths to me. What? I didn't agree to this. . I ignore Jake for the rest of the class period.

After class I make my way to my locker. Uh oh. I notice a blonde girl inspecting her nails right in front of my locker. I turn on me heel about to just skip going to my locker, when Ashley catches sight of me. She smirks and I know I have to go over there now. I sigh out loud and open my locker while Ashley stands next to me.

"What do you want?" I mutter and raise my eyebrow. Ashley sends me a scowl.

"Jake broke up with me," She says but I sense anger under that perfected skin of hers.

"So?" I question with a shrug, not caring in the least. Ashley's manicured hand snaps out and slams my locker loudly. I turn around and glare at her.

"So, I know my mom has been having counseling with you. I have my ways and I will find out what is wrong with you Maggie Jones." She sneers in my face. I stop breathing. All I can hear is my heart pounding loudly in my chest. I have no doubt in my mind that she can find out my secret. It would all be too easy for her.

"Unless?" I gulp out quietly looking at the ground.

"Unless you stay away from Jake Harris." She spits in my face and saunters off. I continue looking at the white tile flooring, completely shell shocked.

"Hey!" I look up to see Jake smiling at me. My heart leaps, and I turn away immediately. I start to walk off down the hall quickly. I glance back at Jake. He's watching me with a curious and hurt expression. I just gulp it down and stumble into the nearest bathroom. I hear the minute bell ring outside, but I don't care. The bathroom is completely empty as I take out my phone and look through the messages Jake sent me.