Chapter 17

The look on Ruby's face tells me that she's more appalled at this very moment than I am. She clearly has already put two and two together what's going on when she sees Harry's hand laced with mine as we stand in the middle of the hallway staring at each other, and she isn't happy with it one bit.

I look at Harry who has the same expression on his face that Ruby does, knowing that there's no way to get out of whatever's about to happen. I can see him tense up as the creases between his eyebrows deepen and I can tell he's trying his hardest not to look at me.

"You ditched me for her?" Ruby screams, as she stands up from her spot on the floor in front of Harry's dorm room door. She's not afraid to show how angry she is, as her voice echoes through the hallway, with a look of disbelief in her eyes. "We had plans Harry! I waited for hours for you at the pub. And you were out with her the whole time? Is that why you were ignoring me?"

I take my hand out of Harry's and step back from the situation to lean against the wall. I want more than anything to walk away from this, but at the same time, I want to be present. Not that this is any of my business, I'm just nosy, to say the least.

"We didn't have plans!" Harry tells her, crossing his arms. "I don't know where you got that idea from."

"You agreed to keep doing what we were doing!" she yells. "That would indicate we have plans every weekend!"

"Hardly," Harry scoffs, shifting his weight from one leg to the other.

"You said you don't even like her!" Ruby's voice screams louder as her arm flings out in my direction.

"I never said that!" He screams back. He turns to me, changing his stance and his eyes soften. "I never said that Paisley, I swear."

At this point I don't know what to believe. There is a chance he did say that to her just so things between them would somehow be easier. But there's also a chance she's just trying to get to me the way she always does. I don't say anything as I look between the two standing before me.

"I don't understand what the fuck it is about this girl---" Ruby questions, seeing that he evidently wants to make sure I know he is telling the truth. "Every fucking time! She will never give you what you actually want Harry! She's just a hopeless square! If you think for a second she'll ever give you what I do, you're stupid, because it's clear that wont happen!" She laughs, looking me up and down with a proud look on her face, apparently loving every second of being able to put me down the way she's always wanted to. "When you were out with her pitiful ass, you were probably thinking about how good it felt to fuck me!"

"Don't listen to her Paisley!" Harry turns to me again, putting his hand on my shoulder. He looks deeply into my eyes. I know he doesn't want me to hear what she's saying and despite the fact that I am already aware of the information being thrown at me, hearing her say it out loud just makes it all that much more real.

"Save it, Harry!" I say. "I already knew about your little rendezvous. You don't need to try and hide it."

"You do?" He asks, taking a step back from me. The look of pure shock inhabits his features.

"Nova told me this morning, while she was yelling at me after finding you in my bed!" I inform him.

"You went to her last night?" Ruby screams. "After our fight? You came here? Un-fucking-believable!"

Harry doesn't seem to acknowledge Ruby, as he keeps his eyes on me. The shock now disappeared from his face as disbelief sets in. "And you still went on a date with me tonight?"

"A date?" Ruby screams. She's making it difficult to forget that she's there and the need to slap her is getting deeper, but I keep my eyes on Harry and ignore my hatred towards her as his eyes don't even blink while looking back at me waiting for me to answer him.