Chapter 2

Dean walks into the restaurant and contemplates leaving. He sees Castiel waiting at a table.

Dean can't get to close to his victims. It's too suspicious. Jess being an exception, but Sam would never suspect Dean.

Taking a deep breath Dean walks over to the table with the blue eyed man is sitting.

"Oh, hey. I was afraid you were gonna bail on me," Castiel sighs.

"Nah, I wouldn't bail on someone as good looking as you." Dean winks. Dean is bi, and only few people know. He can't help but be attracted to this man.

Castiel blushes and tries to hide his smile.

"So, Cas, is it alright if I call you Cas?" With a quick nods from Cas, Dean  continues. "So what do you do for a living?"

"I'm an accountant. Not very exciting, I know, but it gives me a lot of free time." Castiel shrugs. "What about you?"

"I work at Singer's body shop, for my uncle. I fix cars and all that. It's not much, but it pays the bills." I also kill people for fun, he thinks to himself.

"Sounds fun," Cas nods.

"Eh, can't complain. So what got you interested in the Cain case?" Dean leans forward.

"It reeled me in when Jessica Moore was killed. I mean barely a month into his killing spree, your brother just got on the case, and he goes and kills an agent's girlfriend. It was a bold move. This killer is wicked smart and he always seems to be a step ahead of everyone." Cas talks excitedly.

"Yeah, I agree, there's no denying he's smart. And when he kills he puts a lot of aggression in stabbing their stomachs, by twisting the knife. But then he slits their throat, giving them a quick end, like he's forgiving them for what ever they did." Dean tells Cas exactly how he feels, but Cas only thinks he's repeating stuff he's heard from Sam.

"Well, not all of his victims deserved to be forgiven." Cas growls. A haunted look enters his eyes. The look is familiar to Dean, but he doesn't remember why.

"Why's that?" Dean studies Cas.

"Because Alastair didn't deserve forgiveness." Cas takes a deep breath. Dean remembers him, he was a no good douchbag. He killed Alastair a few months after Jess.

"He was friends with my older brother Lucifer. I never liked him,  the way he looked at me always made me uncomfortable." Cas tears up. "I was out one night, drinking a little more than I should have when I ran into him. He tried to take advantage of me, but I fought back. He didn't like that so he beat me pretty badly. I was nearly unconscious when someone stopped him. His body was found the next day. If I could meet the killer I would probably thank him." Cas wipes away his tears.

The story sparks a memory in Dean's mind.

It was late when Dean finally left Bobby's shop. He's walking home cause Sam is borrowing his car. He passes an alleyway when he hears a struggle. Dean goes in and sees a man over someone.

"Now you're gonna get it." The man growls. His voice is nasally and slurred. Dean hears his belt jingle and the sound of his zipper.

"Hey, what's going on here?"  Dean yells, getting the man's attention. The man turns.

"Mind your own fucking business."  He growls. When Dean doesn't leave he stands and faces Dean. Dean can see that the third person is also a man, but his face is so beat up he can't make out any features except for his blue eyes filled with pain. His eyes slip shut as he falls unconscious. Dean is ecstatic that he came across this scene, he hasn't killed in over a month and he's been itching for his next fix.

"What the hell do you want?" The man barks. Dean takes in his appearance. His pants are undone and he has a raging boner.

"I want you," Dean puts on his best seductive act. "Forget about that guy, he isn't worth it." Dean steps toward the man. "I can show you a good time." Dean slides his hand into the dude's pants and palms his cock. The man moans.

"What's your name?" Dean purrs as he continues rubbing the man.

"Alastair," he moans.

"Why don't you come with me" Dean turns abruptly. He hears Alastair's stumbling footsteps following behind. 

"My apartment is just through here." Dean leads him down another dark alley.

"Careful man, there's a murderer running around." Alastair grumbles. Dean looks back and sees that he has pulled out a small pocket knife for protection. It's small, but it will get the job done.

"Oh, I know all about the killer. I know him personally." In a flash Dean turns and grabs the knife from Alastair. His eyes widen in fear once he realizes that Dean's the killer.

As Alastair is about to scream, Dean slams his hand over his mouth and pushes him against the wall.

"That won't do at all. Honestly you brought this upon yourself. You wouldn't even be here if you weren't being a total asshat." Dean plunges Alastair's own knife into his stomach. A twist of the blade and Dean can feel the screams reverberating against his hand.

"It's okay now, you've paid the price now." Dean cleanly slices his neck. Alastair drops, blood gurgling in his throat. Dean wipes the blood off the blade and walks away from the scene.

Dean now realizes the man he saved is sitting before him. There is no way he is going to kill him. Not when he helped him all those years ago.

"It's a good thing he was stopped, we may not be here like this if he wasn't." Dean reaches forward and gently squeezes Cas's hand.

Cas smiles softly. Dean may not want to kill him, but he's going to keep him close. Cas is smart, besides, Dean likes to hear the citizen's point of view in the matter.