29. Save You Tonight

Logan P.O.V.

The guys and I, along with a few policemen, are crouched around the tech people who are looking through all of the ticket files to try to find this girl. "What if we can't match her to any of the people on this list?" I ask, frustrated.

"We're going to find her," Kendall reassures me. There has to be something that leads to her.

I pace around the room trying to think of something that will help. "This is going to take too long,"
I say out loud. "We have to be missing something. What are we missing?"

"Are there any cameras outside the venue?" James asks.

A tech guy speaks up, " Yeah there are cameras near the entrance of the building. Why?"

"Maybe we can see her ticket from the cameras in order to get her name. Aren't there names on the tickets? Like then name of whoever bought the ticket? We can find her name and then search for it in the files!" James explains to all of us.

"James, that's brilliant!" I tell him.

The tech guys pull up the footage from the video cameras that are placed outside of the building. We are fast forwarding through the footage from earlier that day when people were arriving at the venue. "Wait stop! Go back a little bit," Kendall says.

The tech people rewind the tapes a little. "That's her!" We all say when we see the girl on the screen that took (Y/N). Kendall and I high five. Finally making progress!

One of the tech guys says, "Okay. We will zoom in on the ticket and try to see if we can read a name." They zoom in on the image of the girl handing her ticket to a worker. "Looks like it says 'Veronica Stephens'."

Another tech guy types that into the computer and a single file comes up. "Got her," he says. "128 Chrysler Street in Inglewood, CA."

"Let's go," the policemen say to each other and start to head out to find her.

"I'm going too!" I say to them. "Please let me go with you! Please!" I beg.

One of the policemen must feel bad for me because he agrees for me to go in a separate car with another cop but we have to stay away from the house.

"Logan be safe," Carlos tells me.

I nod to him and the rest of the boys, "I will."

"Bring her back," James smiles.

The police officers and I rush to the cop cars and head in the direction of Inglewood. My heart rate is through the roof right now and I am sweating profusely. I hope (Y/N)'s okay. She has to be okay.

When we get there the police officers bang on the door and I see the girl answer a few minutes later. I can barely make out what they are all saying since I have to stay in the car.

One policemen says, "Are you Veronica Stephens? We need to search the premises." The two policemen go into the house and start searching.

"Find anything boys?" The cop in the car with me asks through his radio.

One replies, "No nothing. There's no one here." My heart sinks.

"She has to be there!" I yell but the cop only shushes me. I can't take it anymore so I get out of the car and march to the house.

"Hey! Get back here!" The cop in the car yells at me but I keep going.

I barge into the house and I'm face to face with a smug looking Veronica. "Oh hi Logan! Long time no see," she giggles.

"You bitch!" I get in her face. "Where the hell is she?"

Veronica just smiles and shrugs. "Where is who Logan?"

"(Y/N)! Where is (Y/N)?" I yell.

Veronica smiles and puts her mouth up to my ear and whispers, "You'll never find her."

"(Y/N)!" I start screaming. "(Y/N)!"

"You're not supposed to be in here!" One of the cops comes up to me but I don't care. I have to find her.

"(Y/N)!!"

A policeman tries to take me out of the house. "Wait!" I cry. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" he asks.

"That thumping noise. Listen." I call out (Y/N)'s name again and then listen. The thumping noise continues.

"What is that?" One policeman says to another.

"It's nothing!" Veronica says. She looks nervous. "This house is old. It makes weird noises."

"It's coming from below us," One cop says.

They are looking around but I'm watching Veronica very carefully. She nervously looks at a particular spot on the ground and I follow her gaze to a small oval rug on the floor. I go over to it and Veronica says, "Wait!" But I kick the rug to the side anyways and I find what looks like a door leading to the basement.

"Here!" I exclaim to the cops.

"No!" Veronica yells and jumps on top of me. But the policeman pick her up off of me and handcuff her.

I follow a policeman down the stairs down a long corridor and I see a door to a room at the end of the hall. She has to be in there.

"(Y/N)?" I yell to the door.

"Logan!" I hear her muffled cry through the door.

"(Y/N)! Oh my god. Are you okay?" I say in relief.

"Stand back! I'm going to break the door down," the police officer says to her through the door. After a couple of attempts the door breaks open. I see (Y/N) standing there and I want to burst into tears of joy.

"Logan!" She comes running to me and I hold her as tight as I can against me as she sobs into my chest.

"I was so worried about you! Are you okay? Oh god you're hurt." I notice the blood on her head.

"I'm fine, really. I just need to get out of here," she manages to get out in between cries.

"Let's get you home," I tell her.

*****************************************************************************************************

(Y/N) P.O.V.

"(Y/N) we are so glad that you are okay," Carlos and the boys tell me. We are now all at Logan's apartment after a hell of a crazy day. I'm still a little shaken up about what happened today but I am so grateful that Logan and the boys were able to find me. Who knows what would have happened if they hadn't.

"I don't know what I would've done if I had lost you, (Y/N). I am so sorry. This was all my fault." Logan tells me.

"Logan, this was not your fault. That crazy bitch is...well...a crazy bitch who needs some serious mental help." I laugh and they all laugh with me.

"Come with me," Logan whispers to me and leads me out to the balcony. I see Kendall wink at us and smile.

"Thank you again for saving me," I say to him when we get outside. "You're my hero." I say sarcastically to him but smile. He really did save me from that monster.

"I am so glad you are okay. I told you we would make it out of there." He tells me.

"You were right. Is that what you want to hear?" I laugh.

"No," he gets serious. "I want to hear that you'll give me another chance. That you'll forgive me and we can start over. I am so sorry that I hurt you the way that I did. I didn't realize how good I had it. I love you (Y/N)." He takes my hands in his. I feel warm inside. Like I am truly cared for and truly loved.

"Of course I forgive you. And now I can say what I've been wanting to say all day. I love you too Logan," I lean my head up to kiss him. We sit down curled up next to one another.

"Remember the first time we met?" Logan asks me.

I think back to that first day at the concert. I was so excited to even be in the same room as him and to actually meet him was a dream come true. I never thought I would fall in love with this boy. I smile at him, "Oh, I remember it all too well."