Into the woods

I couldn't sleep that night. All I could see when I closed my eyes was the soldier. I knew that he was going to die. I just... Felt it. Loki acted strange after our encounter with the soldier, and my reaction to it. He send me straight to my room without further explanation and just left me.

I tossed and turned some more before finally falling asleep.

I was terrified. The darkness all around me and the small cramped space reminded me of the ship. I pressed myself closer to Steve and put my head on his chest. I heard his heart pound loudly and fast. My arms found their way around him and I hugged him closely. He put his arms around my waist. They started talking above us but the sounds were too muffled to hear.

"Shh" Steve whispered in my ear. He was quiet for a few seconds and I felt him push me back a bit. Then I felt two lips softly pressed against mine.

Not really knowing what to do, since this was my first kiss ever. I mimicked his actions. His hand traveled down to my ass as I wrapped my hands around his neck. I smiled against his lips and pulled him a little bit closer. Steve pushed me back a bit until my back hit the wall. I felt something stick out and reached for it. A sword? Suddenly I felt a pain in my lower stomach and the room lit up. Loki stood before me with a blood covered dagger in his hand.

I got woken up by someone poking me in my side which of course resulted in some ninja kicks to their face. Loki dodged them and pulled me out of my bed while signing me to be quiet. He handed me a coat, since I was in my night gown, and walked out of the door. I followed him closely but still I couldn't get the image out of my head of him holding the dagger that killed me.

Somewhere in the castle people started screaming, it didn't sound very close but it definitely had something to do with Loki suddenly trying to sneak us out of the castle. "What happened?" I whispered. But he signed me to be quiet again and opened a small door that lead to outside.

We sneaked from shadow to shadow until we reached the tree line, but apparently we weren't fast enough. Someone started shouting from the castle wall and before I realized it they started shooting arrows. Loki ran to the right and I was about to follow him until a arrow hit him in his lower leg. With a annoyed groan he fell to the ground. I knelt down beside him and tried to think about something I could do for him.

"Go Helena, now!" He ordered me. Without thinking about it I ran further and further into the woods until I couldn't her any shouting anymore. Just my own breathing and footsteps. I tripped over a branch and fell down in the cold, wet grass. My lungs were on fire and my legs weren't there anymore. I slowly flipped over onto my back and felt the first snowflake drop down on my nose.

I never felt more alone and scared.