Chapter 7- Why? Just why her?

-A week later-

Austin's P.O.V.

Today was the day I was finally getting to go home. If it wasn't for my Mahomies, I'd dread today. All their messages explaining how happy they were that I was okay was the only thing that had been getting me through this week.

Alex visited everyday, but Jenna never came with. It's been a week since I'd seen her and it was driving me nuts. I felt terrible though. Alex was alive. He was with Jenna, and he's my best friend. It was completely disrespectful to see his girlfriend the way I did.

After putting on regular clothes, I grabbed all my belongings. My mother and Alex had gone to get coffee and were supposed to be back any minute. Glancing at my cellphone and realizing I had no messages, I locked it and put it in my pocket.

"So you get to come home today?" asked a familiar voice.

Before turning away I processed the voice through my head. It was definitely female, and her voice sent chills through my body. Jenna, I thought. Turning in the direction of the door, sure enough it was her.

"Yeah, looks like they're finally letting me," I said.

She nodded and walked a little further into the room which made me nervous. My body ached to hold her and kiss her, but I knew that was never going to happen. Studying her, I began to get taken away. Her hair was curled in such a cute way that my heart melted. Her dark blue eyes capturing my heart. Why did she have to do this to me?

"Well that's good. Should be a relief to be able to go," she said.

I nodded, and bit my lip. This whole scenario was making everything so much harder. All the things I wanted to say, I couldn't. It was driving me insane.

"So I have a strange question to ask you."

"What's your question?" I asked.

"What was it like for you when you were in the coma?" she asked.

My heart seized a little. What could I say? I certainly couldn't tell her what really happened. She might get mad and storm off. How would I explain that to Alex? What kind of friend would that make me?

"Nothing really. It was like sleeping. One moment I was drifting off, the next I was awake here," I answered.

I tried my best to lie, and it made me feel so much more worse about myself. In my dream, when Jenna and I were together, I was never able to lie to her. Now, I still didn't want to, but I had too.

"So what about you?" I asked her.

Her eyes began to scan the room for a few seconds before she finally spoke.

"The same," she said.

Something about her tone and the look in her eyes bugged me. Almost as if something was wrong with her. Brushing it off, I felt my phone buzz. A text from my mother.

Mom: Hey meet us in lobby. I signed papers. You can finally go home. (:

Austin: Alright on way.

Looking up at Jenna, it seemed like she was studying me a little. Which made me feel much more uneasy.

"Well looks like my mom wants me in the lobby," I said.

Sadness took over her eyes, and curiosity shot through me. Why did she seem so sad at that? I wasn't sure, but it made me worry.

"Then we should probably get going," said Jenna.

I nodded, and followed her out of the room and to the lobby. Why does she have to be so amazing? And why do I have to love her so much? Life sucks.