Chapter 43

I was almost sleep walking towards the Great hall for breakfast but as soon as I entered in, my sleep was long gone and I stood there in the entrance with my jaw dropped to the floor. The Great hall was decorated with large, lurid pink flowers. Heart-shaped confetti was falling from the pale blue ceiling. I looked at the person who will only do such ridiculous things, Lockhart! He was wearing lurid pink robes to match the decorations.

"What the h-" but my mouth was covered my someone placing a hand over it. I was about to turn and look at who was it and glared daggers at the person after I realized who it was.

"No one wants to hear your whining in this beautiful morning." Fred said irritated and removed his hand from my mouth and wiped it in my clothes.

"You little piece of Merlin's shit!" I hissed at him, "I was fine with you and me having a huge gap between us and you not invading it, but of course, all happy things come to an end.

"The feeling is mutual, Potter!" Fred said uninterested.

"You know what, Weasley? You suck just like this decoration!" I shouted and everyone around me laughed and Fred turned around, his whole face was red and he was glaring daggers at me. I now wore a satisfied smirk on my face.

"How dare you say such foul words about my decorations?" said someone with a gasp and disbelieve. I turned towards the voice and saw that someone was none other than Lockhart himself.

I snorted and rolled my eyes, "Sure it looks all great! And my, my where did you find such a beautiful dress." Sarcasm dripping my voice.

"A-a m-month detention for yo-you, Ms. Potter for dis-disrespecting a t-teacher and s-saying cruel words for my hard work!" Lockhart shuttered and walked away dramatically towards the teacher's table. I looked at the teachers who all looked amused. I caught Mcgonagall's eyes and she gave me small smirk and I winked at her. I think all the teachers were happy that at least somebody told Lockhart the truth. I rolled my eyes when I realized that I have just earned a month's detention and joined my friends for the breakfast while students gave me secret thumbs up or gave high-fives to me. But the Lockhart fans glared daggers at me whom I just flipped off. I was making fun of Lockhart loudly the whole breakfast. Poor Lockhart had to bare all my anger because of my little argument with Fred and all this pink frilly decoration kinda added fuel to it.

"Hello Hermione! You good?" I asked smiling at Hermione. We were in the library right now. She looked up from some book she was reading and smiled at me.

"Never better, actually. I'm very happy that my face no longer looks like that of a cat and cough fur balls. Should have taken help from you for the hair for the polyjuice potion." Hermione joked and I chuckled. Hermione had been in hospital for the past few weeks because she by accident took a cat's hair for a polyjuice potion and an animal's hair doesn't mix well with potion transfiguration. God knows why Harry, Ron and Hermione took so much of risk when they could have asked me. I laughed my ass off when they narrated me their whole suspicion story one day when I went to visit Hermione at the hospital wing. I was amused at the theory of Draco being the heir of Slytherin and his father, Lucious opening the secret chamber 50 years ago. After that I rarely saw Hermione because I was too busy with my studies and didn't pay attention to anyone except when they came for help. Even it was difficult to take out time for my brother for some quality time with him. I know you all would be wondering why I'm studying in so advance when I have so much of time? Its all because I have heard the best time for learning to become an animagus is sometime around spring. That's why. All the girls are also studying with me because we can't wait to try and change into become an animagus.

"So what are you reading?" I asked Hermione and started starting out my study material on the table.

"Just trying to find something more about this chamber and the attacks." Hermione answered with a sigh.

"So find anything?" She huffed and shook her head as 'no'.

"Don't worry you will find something soon." I smiled at her and started doing my homework.

"Ms. Potter, a letter for you." A cupid came and gave me a letter. I groaned and heard Hermione laugh.

"I have lost count." I said. That stupid Lockhart thought it would be amazing to hire dwarves dressed as cupids this valentine's day. These cupids found me everywhere I go and gave me the letters or read them out aloud or even sang if told by the person who gave it. To say I was annoyed was bad. I just wanted to strangle Lockhart with my bare hands.

I was reading a muggle book sitting on a windowsill near the courtyard. I heard someone shouting Harry's name and looked up and saw a particularly grim-looking dwarf shouting, "Oy, you! 'Arry Potter!" and elbowed people out of the way and trying to reach Harry. Harry was all red. He was trying to escape but the dwarf, however, cut his way through the crowd by kicking people's shins, and reached him before he'd gone two paces.

"I've got a musical message to deliver to 'Arry Potter in person," he said, twanging his harp in a threatening sort of way. I was enjoying this. I mean what big sister wouldn't enjoy it? Common its not daily your little brother gets love letters or messages from their admirers."Not here," Harry hissed, trying to escape. I was trying to stifle a laugh right now."Stay still!" grunted the dwarf, grabbing hold of Harry's bag and pulling him back."Let me go!" Harry snarled, tugging his bag. With a loud ripping noise, his bag split in two. His books, wand, parchment, and quill spilled onto the floor and his ink bottle smashed over everything. Harry scrambled around, trying to pick it all up. I immediately closed my book and ran to help him up with his things.
"What's going on here?" came the drawling voice of Draco Malfoy. Harry started stuffing everything feverishly into his ripped bag and snatched the quills from my hands.
"What's all this commotion?" said another familiar voice as Percy Weasley arrived. Harry stood up and tried to run but the dwarf seized him around the knees and brought him crashing to the floor.
"Right," he said, sitting on Harry's ankles. "Here is your singing valentine:His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad,
His hair is as dark as a blackboard,
I wish he was mine,he's really divine,The hero who conquered the Dark Lord
Harry looked like he would have given all the gold in Gringotts to evaporate on the spot. He valiantly laughed along with everyone else, he got up. I tried not to laugh at it but couldn't help the small chuckles escaping from my mouth. Percy did his best to disperse the crowd, some of whom were crying with mirth.
"Off you go, off you go, the bell rang five minutes ago, off to class, now," he said, shooing some of the younger students away. Poor Percy.

"And you, Malfoy —" Percy said I saw Draco stoop and snatch up something. Leering, he showed it to Crabbe and Goyle, it was some kind og old diary.

"Give that back," said Harry quietly. I looked at Harry. Did he write his personally diary? I didn't take him like that.
"Wonder what Potter's written in this?" said Draco. A hush fell over around us.
"Hand it over, Malfoy," said Percy sternly.
"When I've had a look," said Draco, waving the diary tauntingly at Harry.
Percy tried to be strict and said, "As a school prefect —" but by that time Harry had lost his temper. He pulled out his wand and shouted, "Expelliarmus!" Ron, grinning broadly, caught it.
"Harry!" said Percy loudly. "No magic in the corridors. I'll have to report this, you know!" But it looked like Harry didn't care. Draco was looking furious, and as Ginny was passing him, he yelled spitefully after her, "I don't think Potter liked your valentine much!"
Ginny covered her face with her hands and ran into class. I glared at Draco who just angrily shrugged his shoulders and walked away with his followed. Snarling, Ron pulled out his wand, too, but Harry pulled him away. Draco glared back at Ron continued his walk when Harry pulled Ron away.

Percy finally dispersed everyone and with a sigh I went back and sat back on the window sill and continued my reading.