Chapter 31

Mcgonagall has called us once again for our second detention. Fred and I were standing in her office, waiting for her to come. Last week we had cleaned her office porcelain clean. The whole next day my body was aching in all the places because of all the cleaning. Also, I did my searching and found out that it was Peeves who manipulated Mcgonagall that it was one of us who did the hot pink prank. So I went to take my revenge by destroying all his pranks. This continued for four days before he said sorry to me. Everyone was astonished when they heard the poltergeist. Peeves say sorry to me. After this apology he was forgiven.

Back to the detention, Mcgonagall came back to tell us our detention.

"You both are cleaning the room," she pointed towards a door behind her and continued, "the room is very dirty and again I want it crystal clean." With that said she left the room.

"Here goes nothing." I muttered.

"Ladies first." I was startled by Fred's sudden voice. I had totally forgot that he was also there with me. He was standing with the door opened and waiting for me to go first. I gave him a strange look before I entered inside and Fred in after me. The fire lit up in the room giving us bright light. It was an average size room with loads and loads of shelves with books. I walked further with Fred behind me. Suddenly the door closed behind us with a 'THUD'.

Fred turned around and tried to open the door but the door didn't even budge.

"Mcgonagall probably used magic on the door so it won't open until we finish the work maybe." Fred said with a shrug. I looked at Fred with a horrified expression.

He laughed and his voice full of amusement, "Scared, are we?"

"No! The thought of being alone with you in a locked room terrifies me." I deadpanned him with a blank look.

He laughed at me. I just huffed and move forward to look around the room. I found cleaning supply at the corner of the room. I took one broom and shouted, "Here!" to Fred and threw the broom at him. He caught the broom easily. I turned around and took one broom for myself. I selected a shelf and started dusting it off. I suddenly started feeling dizzy. The room was spinning around and I was loosing my balance. I was about to fall down when someone caught me.

"Hey! Hey! What happened? What's happening? Potter! Potter, wake up! Grace, please don't close your eyes." Someone said in a worried tone. I knew that voice very clearly but right now I couldn't put a name to it. I felt more dizzy and was about to loose my unconsciousness when it stopped. Everything felt so dark. It was sucking my light. That's what I felt. It was calling out for me. It was as if it wouldn't leave until I did what it wanted.

Someone was calling out for me. I looked around and saw bookshelves with dirt. Then I looked into chocolate brown eyes.

"I-I," I couldn't say anything. I just hugged him and cried. I didn't care at the moment that I was hugging Fred Weasley. The few moments before terrified me. I could feel Fred's body was stiff at first and then slowly he relaxed and hugged me back. He started rubbing circles on my back.

"Plea-please don't let me go." I looked up at Fred and said. He looked uncomfortable at first but then he said, "You're not going anywhere."

"I don't wanna stay here!" I said and hugged him more tightly and cried.

"Shh! Everything is okay. Shall we take you to your common room?" Fred asked in a very soft voice. I started feeling safe when he said those words. I nodded and pulled back from the hug and tried to stand up but completely failed. Fred must have made me sit down when I was feeling dizzy. I tried to stand once again but legs were shaking uncontrollably.

"Let me help," he said softly. He lifted me up in the bridal style and walked towards the door. I had my arms around Fred's neck and I rested my head on his chest. He tried to open the door with one hand but failed miserably. He tried two-three times more with his wand this time but no luck.

"It won't open." Fred sighed. I could hear Fred's heartbeat beating fast. He was scared because of me freaking out.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." I whispered quietly to him. I was no longer crying but was sniffing. He chuckled at me.

"No need for sorry, princess." Fred said amused. He sat down with his back supported by wall near the door. I was now sitting on his lap. Neither of us let go off each other. I was calm now, listening to Fred's now rhythmic heartbeat thumping. We both were sitting in a comfortable silence for Merlin knows how long before the door opened. We both looked up and saw Mcgonagall in the door way.

"What happened here and why haven't you cleaned the room?" Mcgonagall asked sternly with her hands on the hips.

"She suddenly started hyperventilating. I am just calming her down and she is very hot. I tried to open the door but it wouldn't open." Fred said politely and stoop up with me in his arms. Mcgonagall immediately touched my forehead with her hand.

"Merlin's beard! Take her to Madam Pomfrey immediately!" Mcgonagall said a bit panicked. Fred nodded and quickly got out of the room. We were a bit away from Mcgonagall's office.

"Put me down! I can walk now." I said to Fred. He looked down but continued walking.

"Are you sure?" He asked concerned.

"Yes! I am damn sure!" I snapped at him but immediately regretted it. He stopped and put me down. I lost my balance was about to fall when Fred caught me once again by my waist and pulled me closer to him. My hands were on his chest from the sudden pull.

"Are you sure you can walk?" He asked with amusement.

I glared at him, "Sorry, I snapped at you, I didn't mean to." I sighed at the end.

"That's better." He said satisfied with my answer and picked me once again. We were walking but we suddenly stopped. I was once again getting dizzy. I tightened my arms around Fred's neck. I could see the students separating the way for us before all of this went blurry. I hid my face in Fred's chest to hide my tears and stop the whispering. I could feel the power in my every single freaking bone. It was a horrifying feeling.

"Fred! Make it stop, please!" I pleaded to Fred with my head still buried in his chest. Fred held me more closely to him and I hugged him as tightly I could. I was feeling scared. I don't like being scared. It wouldn't stop. Suddenly, I felt someone's hand on my forehead and it was calming me. Then everything went black.

-----------------------

Comment, vote and share as much as you can! <3 These things really motivates me to write more..

Please, do vote and comment! <3