Chapter Fifteen

I wake up in a dusty room. I cough and sit up in the bed. I see a wardrobe and a desk on the far end of the room. I flip the blankets off of me and walk quietly to the door. I grab the doorknob, twist, and peek into the hall. It's completely empty. I open the door more and step into the hall.
"Hello?" I call. You idiot! I think to myself. Who's going to answer you?!
"You're up. Good!" a man booms walking from down the hall.
"Who are you?" I ask getting into a fighting stance.
"I didn't bring you here to fight, Damien," he says.
"Who are you?"
"My name is Alexander Shay. I'm a demon, angel hybrid like you," he says. I look at him skeptically.
"You're more powerful than you think, Damien." he says. "We are the balance between good and evil. We have more power than all the angels or demons in the world."
"How do you know this?" I ask.
"Hybrids run in my family," he replies walking passed me. He motions for me to follow me. I walk silently behind him. He leads me to a kitchen.
"I'm sure you're hungry." I shrug. He makes pancakes for him and I. I eat them slowly, watching Alexander cautiously.
His curly, black hair hangs just to his brow. One of his eyes is silver and the other is pure black. He looks about twenty, maybe twenty one. He's dressed in a plain red t-shirt and a black sweatshirt over it, unzipped. He stands up and brushes off his blue jeans. He walks over to the fridge and opens it. He grabs the gallon of milk and drinks straight from it. I put my empty plate in the sink.
"Com'on," he says.
"Huh?" I ask.
"I'm going to help you with your power development," he replies leading me to the basement.
It's got equipment galore. I look at all of the equipment in awe.
"We're training your powers, not training your body," he says. "What do you know how to do already?" He asks.
"I can conjure fireballs, fly, and teleport. Even then I'm still not very good at flying or teleporting," I say.
"Well, we'll work on everything," he says.
Alexander teaches me to fly easier, teleport without having to really concentrate, heal myself and other people, telekinesis, and even control minds. I'm not pro at using my powers, but Alexander told me that they would get stronger with more practice.
I take a drink of water out of the bottle Alexander brought me.
"Good job today, kid," he tells me. "Better then when I first started practicing."
"Oh yeah?" I respond taking another drink of water.
"Definitely. My brother was teaching me to fly, on the roof, and I fell and broke an arm, which got healed by my mother. I still have the scar though," he laughs showing me the scar on his arm where the bone poked through his skin. I make a disgusted face, and he laughs.
"So, how'd I get here?" I ask finally.
"Michael brought you. Told me to train you up," He said.
"Where's Snow?"
"Oh, Michael's daughter. She's with him in Maine," he replies.
"Did Michael tell you what he did to me and Snow?"
"Yeah, but I can't tell you. Not yet, anyways." I nod, deciding not to press on the subject.
"Alright, Let's head back upstairs and I'll give you a tour of the house. We'll train again tomorrow."
Alexander shows me back to my room. He shows me the kitchen, living room, dining room, and a small library.
"You can do what you like right now, but tomorrow we're training your powers even more," Alexander says.
I walk into the living room and see an original Xbox sitting on a shelf in the tv stand.
"Woah," I exclaim. "I haven't seen an original Xbox since I was little."
"Yeah. I've had it for awhile, but I've still got tons of games for it," Alexander says. "You wanna play?"
"Hell yeah!" I exclaim grabbing a controller.
Alexander and I play games until it gets dark outside. Alexander is surprisingly good at video games. I expected him to be no fun at all.
Alexander shuts the Xbox off after we're done playing. His serious expression returns.
"Alright, kid, you better go get some sleep," he says. I nod and walk to the stairs.
"Night, Alexander," I say as I reach the first step.
"Good night, Damien."
I run up the stairs and into the dusty bedroom I woke up in. I flop on the bed and fall asleep almost immediately.
I hear a loud crash the next morning. It's pitch black out still. I look at the clock, it's not working apparently. Power must have went out. I conjure a fireball for light and walk out of the bedroom.
"Alexander?" I call. I hear another loud crash come from downstairs. I run down them and see Alexander fighting someone, and losing.
"Hey!" I yell running over to them. My fireball lights up their faces.
"Dalton?" Alexander asks.
"Hey, Alex," Dalton responds with a slight southern accent.
"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"
Dalton let go of Alexander. They get up and brush off their clothes. They hug.
"Dude, I thought you died," Alexander says.
"Nope," he says. "Still alive and kickin'." Alexander and Dalton laugh. I stand in the kitchen awkwardly. Dalton looks at me.
"You must be Damien," he says holding out his hand. I shake it. He sits down on a bar stool. Alexander takes a seat next to him.
Dalton's eyes are dark blue. His brown slightly curly hair is short enough to not be in his eyes, but long enough to show his curls. He wears brown cowboy boots and a red flannel shirt. He looks like he's about a few years older than Alexander. He carries himself as if he's been in a position of power for a long time.
"You should go back to bed, Damien, we've got training to do tomorrow," Alexander says. I nod and head back to the stairs, using my fireball as my source of light. I get back to the bedroom and close the door silently. I flop back on the bed and instantly fall asleep.

"Rise and shine, sweetheart," Alexander says mockingly. My eyes open and I sit up. "We've got a lot of training to do today."