Chapter Ten

"Michael the angel?" I ask sitting up and rubbing my head.
"Archangel," he corrects.
"Who are you then?"I ask turning to the other man.
"Gabriel, another archangel," he replies sitting in a rocking chair.
"What happened?" I ask looking at Michael. His wings flap once. His wings are a pure white. He sits down on the bed next to me. I look over at Gabriel. His wings are golden and shine in the light.
"You were out for about a week," he says. "You tried to teleport to Earth, but ended up in Heaven," he says.
"Heaven?" I ask freaking out because angels are trying to kill me. Wait, that's what Satan said, he probably lied to me.
"Angels aren't trying to kill you, Damien. Your father made that up to keep you in Hell with him," Michael explains. "You ended up here because you exerted too much energy from being angry and scared."
Micheal gets up and looks down at me. I stand as well. He walks to a door and motions for me to follow him. We walk down a long, narrow corridor filled with doors. He stops and opens one of the doors. He motions for me to have a look inside.
I'm sitting on the swings at recess. No one's around me though. I remember this day. Everyone thought I was weird, so no one wanted to play with me. A little blonde girl walks up to me. She sits on the swings next to me and starts to swing.
"Hi, I'm Snow," she calls while swinging up high in the air.
"I'm Damien," I reply. Snow slows to a stop on the swing.
"What's wrong?" she asks curiously.
"No one likes me. I'm the weird kid," I say.
"Well, I'll be your friend," she says with a smile.
"Really?" I ask excitedly.
"Yeah. We can be bestest friends forever," she says hopping off the swings and holding out her hand to me. I take it and we walk off together.
Suddenly I'm in front of Michael again.
"What was that?" I ask.
"A memory of yours. All of these doors hold your memories," he explains.
"Am I dead?" I ask.
"No."
"Why did you bring me here?" I ask.
"Because you still know that girl," he says looking pointedly at the door.
"Uh, yeah I do. That was Snow," I say.
"We need to find her," he says.
"Why?" I ask.
"I know that you think that Snow is twenty one, but she's still sixteen like you. That was another hoax your father had to make sure you didn't go to Earth, and just stayed in Hell," Michael says.
"Why do we need Snow?" I ask.
"She's my daughter," he says.
"What?" I ask. "But she has a dad. I met him!"
"Her mother wanted to keep her daughter being half angel a secret," he says.
"How did we get along if Snow was half angel and I was half demon?" I ask.
"Because you two are destined to stop Satan in his dark plan."
"Stop Satan? He's got millions upon millions of demons to use against us."
"Snow can smite demons with the touch of a hand," he says. "Maybe even a finger. Most angels can smite demons just by touching them."
"Does that mean I can kill angels with my touch?" I ask. He shakes his head with a chuckle.
"Come along, we should be finding Snow before your father does."

I walk around the streets of my hometown. Snow wasn't home, and I'm not quite sure where she could be at this point. I walk into the library, hoping she was reading or studying. I spot her at a table gazing over piles of books. I jog over to her and sit on the other side of the table.
""What are you doing here?" she says angrily.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"Shouldn't you be with your dad? Since you looove staying with him so much," she says staring at the book.
"What?"
She looks up at me and says, "You're mom told me that you didn't ever want to come back, and that you hated me and never wanted to see me again."
"I never said that!" I explain loudly.
"Shh."
"I would never say that, Snow," I say quieter. She shakes her head and looks down at her book again. He hair covers her face like a curtain.
"Snow," I mumble. Michael appears beside me and puts a hand on my shoulder. I jump and look up at him. He nods at Snow as if saying 'explain everything to her.'
"Snow," I say again. "I have to explain everything to you. Why I was gone. Why my mom said that to you. Everything."
She looks up at me with a glare. "Fine. You've got five minutes before I get you kicked out of here."