Chapter Eleven

"So, you're trying to tell me you were brought to Hell by your half brothers, you killed your brothers because you had to, thought that I was twenty one, and the mom you grew up thinking was your mom isn't really your mom," Snow says questioningly as we walk on the sidewalk toward the park. I nod.
"And you're the archangel Michael's daughter," I say quickly.
"I'm an angel's daughter?" she asks rhetorically as her eye widen.
"Archangel actually," Michael says appearing beside me. She shrieks and steps away.
"B-but I have a dad," She says backing away.
"Yes, well, your mother didn't want you to know you were half angel," he replies.
"So, she married another guy to make me think he was my dad?"
Michael nods.
"This is sooo messed up," She says.
"Tell me about it," I mumble.

We walk back to Snow's house. Snow unlocks the front door and steps inside. I'm greeted with the smell of burning meat.
"What is that?" I ask covering my nose with my sweatshirt sleeve.
"I don't know," Snow says. "Mom?!"
"Mrs. Vanburen?!" I shout.
"Mom?!" Snow yells again. I take a step inside. The floor creeks under my weight.
"Mrs. Vanburen!" I shout again. I walk into the kitchen. I see Mr. Vanburen in the kitchen sitting at the counter.
"Mr. Vanburen?" I ask. I approach him quietly. I grip his shoulder and turn him around. His face is burned off and he falls off the stool. I screech and jump back.
"What the fu-"
"Damien?" Snow asks walking into the kitchen. She shrieks and tears form in her eyes.
"Snow, you should get out of here. I'll check the rest of the house," I say softly. She nods and walks out of the room.
I check the rest of the downstairs for Mrs. Vanburen. I pause when I get to the stairs. I have a bad feeling about this. I sigh and continue up the stairs anyways.
I'm greeted with the smell of something rotting. My stomach turns. I have to hold back from vomiting all over the floor.
"Mrs. Vanburen?" I call weakly. I check the bathroom, study, and hallway closet. I approach the master bedroom. My stomach does flips as I open the door. It creeks as I push it. I see Mrs. Vanburen's corpse on the bed. I gasp and cover my nose. How long has she been here? I approach the bed and study the corpse. Her body is slightly decayed and maggots are scattered all over her corpse. I see something slightly sticking out of her side. I pinch my nose shut and reach for the shiny object. I pull it out and study it. Why is there a part of a knife in her side? I look around the room for the handle of the knife. I check the rest of the house except the kitchen. I walk into the kitchen and find the handle of the knife on the counter. Did Mr. Vanburen kill his own wife? I look around for more clues. I see a framed picture of Mr. Vanburen, Mrs. Vanburen, and Snow on the counter. Why would this be here? I pick it up only to see Mr and Mrs. Vanburen crossed out on it. Someone planned this. Michael appears beside me.
"What happened?" he asks.
"Mr. Vanburen killed Mrs. Vanburen, but I'm not exactly sure how he died."
Michael steps over to Mr. Vanburen's dead body. I studies his face.
"Demon," Michael says plainly.
"What? How could a regular demon kill someone like that?" I ask slightly hysterical.
"This was no ordinary demon," he replies.
"What or who was it?"
"Aym," he replies stepping closer to the body of Snow's father.
"Who's Aym?" I ask.
"A fire demon that is also the duke of Hell."
"The duke of Hell?" I ask curiously. Michael just nods and inspects the body further.
"Aym must have possessed Mr. Vanburen, stabbed Mrs. Vanburen, then burned Mr. Vanburen's face off after leaving his body." I shiver at the thought of being possessed.
"Damien!" Snow calls from outside. I run outside, Michael behind me. Snow is lying on the ground, a demon standing over her.
"Get off her!" I scream rushing forward and tackling the demon. We tumble to the ground. I punch the demon in the face three times before it kicks me off.
"Damien stop!" a female voice screeches. Kyla stands in front of me.
"Kyla?" I ask. She stands up and dusts herself off.
"Who else?" she replies in a bitchy tone.
"What are you doing here?" I ask.
"Killing the daughter of Michael, duh," she says.
"Damien, get rid of her," Snow mumbles. I nod once at her.
"Kyla, you should leave," I say.
"And what if I don't?" she asks.
"I'll make you leave," I threaten.
She scoffs. "You? You could barely kill your own brothers, even though they were going to kill you, and the memory haunts you."
"Shut up!" I scream lunging toward her. I tackle her to the ground again.
"What's wrong, Damien?" she asks sweetly. I punch her in the face a few times. I get thrown off of her by an unknown force. I look around for the person that threw me off of Kyla. Lucifer stands proudly and helps Kyla off the ground. She smirks at me.
"What are you doing here?" I growl.
"Helping one of my demons take down the daughter of Michael, of course," he replies.
"You won't take her down. I'll kill you," I hiss. He laughs.
"You're so stupid, my boy. You just don't know when to quit."
Snow steps up to Kyla and touches her forehead with her index and middle finger. Kyla's eyes shine bright white and cracks appear in her face. He body falls to the ground, limp.
"How did you-"
"I don't know."