Chapter Two

"Why are you here?" I ask.
"To take you home," Samael says stepping forward.
"Leave me alone!" I shout running upstairs. I run into my room, close the door, and lock it. I run to the window. Too long of a fall. I hide in the closet under a bunch of things that I had just thrown in here when I was too lazy to clean my room. There's a banging on the door and then the door flies in and hits the wall on the other side of the room. I hold my breath.
"Come out come out where ever you are, Damian," Samael says walking toward the closet I was hiding in.
"Yeah, Damian, you might as well come out we'll find you anyway," Kyden says looking around with his snake like eyes. He sniffs the air and looks at Samael. He points at the closet. I hold my breath. They walk over and open the closet door. I close my eyes.
When I open them Samael and Kyden are gone.
I get up cautiously and look around. Neither of them are anywhere to be found. What the hell? I look around the house. Nothing. No one. I grab the biggest sharpest knife in the house and keep it with me everywhere I go. I lock all doors and windows so I know no one's getting in without me knowing.
The next day, I get up and do my usual routines I walk to school after I miss the bus. I put my hood up and walk into school.
"No hoods in school, Damien," Mr. Erickson says pulling my hood down as I walk by. I growl and put my hood back up. I walk to my locker and shove my stuff inside.
"Hey, Dame," Snow says pulling my hood down. I put it back up. She frowns.
"What's wrong?" she asks looking up at me. I shake my head.
"Nothing. Don't worry about it," I say. She gives me that curious look of hers. She squints her eyes and smiles a little bit. It's actually pretty cute. Damien, stop it, I scold myself. She pulls the hood down again, but keeps her hand on it so that I can't pull it back up.
"Tell me what's wrong, Damien," she says. I smile.
"It's nothing, Snow, don't worry about it," I say reassuringly. She looks at me like she doesn't believe me, but she'll let it slide.
The bell rings, I walk Snow to her class. She smiles and walks inside the classroom. I walk to Mrs. Dione's class. She doesn't look at me as I walk by her desk. I roll my eyes and walk to my desk. I sit down and stare out the window.
"Mr. Trudeau," Mrs. Dione says. I look up at her. "Your mother is in the office." I nod and get up. I walk to the office. My stomach is twisting in knots. I've been in trouble before, what's the difference now? It just feels different this time.
I open the large wooden office door and step inside. My mother stands there with Mr. Erickson.
"I haven't done anything bad today I swear," I say putting my hands up.
"We know, Damien. That's not why your mother is here," Mr. Erickson says.
"I've known about your... Condition for a long time, Damien. I've been trying to avoid this," Mr. Erickson says.
"What? Condition? I'm not sick," I say.
"You being Satan's son is a condition, Damien," he says.
"How did you know?" I ask.
"I'm an angel, Damien," he says. "I've been sent to observe you to see if you were a threat or not," He says. "I was trying to avoid sending you to a boarding school that's full of angels, demons, half demons, and half angels," he says.
"Why didn't you want to send me there?" I ask.
"It's far away, another dimension away, in fact. Your brothers will be able to find you easier. I assume you haven't met them yet," He says.
"Actually I have. They showed up at my house yesterday," I say.
"That must be because you used your powers. The more you use them the easier it will be for them to find you," he says. "That's why I don't want to send you there. You'll have to use your powers."
"Why do they want to find me so badly?" I ask.
"If the three of you are united you'll have to fight to the death to be the true heir of Satan," he explains.
"Fight? To the death?" I ask in shock.
"And they've got the advantage they've both have had time to practice their powers since they've had them for so long. You, on the other hand, are just getting yours so you won't be as powerful and that's why they want to unite now so your not any competition," he explains.
"So, am I going to that boarding school?" I ask.
"Not yet, but one more slip up like that and you will be," he says. I look at my mom, she looks at the ground and doesn't say anything to me. I sigh.
"Can I go now?" I ask. Mr. Erickson nods. I walk out of the office and back to Mrs. Dione's class.
"I heard you might gave to go to boarding school," Snow says plopping down across from me at the lunch table. I nod and take a bite of my pizza. She takes out a sandwich and a bag of plain potato chips.
"Do you want to go?" she asks quietly. I shake my head. I definitely don't want my brothers to find me.
"Don't do anything bad," she says with a small smile.
"No promises," I laugh.
"No, promise me you'll try to stay put of trouble. I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here," she says seriously.
"I'll try, Snow, don't worry," I say. "I'm not going to boarding school."
We walk out of the lunch room and into the library. We always come here after lunch since we still have about twenty minutes until we have to go to class. We sit down at a table. Snow opens her laptop and starts to type. Samael appears behind her. My eyes widen.
"What?" she asks and turns around. She screams and jumps back. Kyden appears next to Samael.
"Hello, little brother," Samael says with a slight smirk.