Chapter 15

We stand side by side, watching intently as the popcorn bag in the microwave grows, making loud popping noises.

"Why is this so interesting?" I ask Harry, not taking my eyes away.

"I'm not quite sure..." He admits with a grin. 

    I step away, grabbing bowls from the cabinet as the microwave counts down the last few seconds. BEEP BEEP BEEP.

"OW, Shhhi-, wow that hurt.That's REALLY hot." Harry crys out, throwing the hot popcorn bag to the ground.

"Seriously?" I giggle. I carefully pick up the corner, and dump it into the bowl. "That's how it's done!" I proclaim with a flip of my wrist.

"You're adorable...." Harry mumbles, following me out of the kitchen.

"What did you say?" I ask, stopping in my tracks and turning to face him.

"Nothing, nothing." He mumbles again, straightening my shoulders, and softly nudging me through the doorway.

      Harry flops onto the couch, his long legs leaving a very small area at the end. I squeeze in between his feet and the end of the couch. He notices my struggle, but just laughs, not planning on moving.

"Harryyyyy." I whine, lunging towards him with a pillow in hand, ready to 'attack'.

     Instead he grabs my wrists, tossing the pillow away. He's just sitting there, smirking at me through my outstretched arms.

"Ah, let go!" I yell.

"Nope." He says. Dang that smirk again.....

     He pulls me forward so I'm now on top of him.

"Ew, cooties." I tease, trying to mimick his smirk. He just laughs, trapping me under his arms, our faces very close, maybe a little too close.... 

     But I don't really mind at the moment. I stare intto his deep green eyes, not paying attention to anything else going on. It appears he's doing the same.

"Whos' ready for some--HARRY!!!" Louis walks in, cutting off his own sentence.

     I quickly push myself up, Harry doing the same. 

"What the hell?!" Louis asks, raising his eyebrows and voice, waiting for a reasonable explanation that doesn't exist. 

"We were um..." Harry stumbles, trying to cover up.

"You know what Harry, maybe you should just leave since you obviously can't handle yourself." Louis says impatiently.

     He doesn't even argue as he makes his way to the front door. I can catch a few bits of their quiet conversation.

"Sorry...."

"Come back when you can act like a 19 year old man and stay away from my 15 year old sister..."

Door slam. I cut to the stairs before I get chewed out too. Luckily Meghan arrives before Louis gets upstairs.

*******

I'm sneaking down the stairs later that night, to try and get to the kitchen. I catch a glimpse of Lou and Meghan sitting on the couch, and I sit down on the stairs.

"Lou are you sure you're okay?" She asks, looking at him with care.

"Okay fine I'm not. I'm not okay right now." He replies, running his hands through his hair, now making it obvious this isn't the first time he's been asked this tonight.

"Tell me." She states simply, resting a gentle hand on his knee.

"I'm just worried about Kendall that's all. The boys have been wanting to get to know her.... and well Harry is already getting quite handsy. He was like holding her on top of him when I came downstairs today...." He sighs, rubbing his eyes.

"Wow...well that's just Harry being Harry though right?" She asks.

"Maybe. But he should know better than to act that away around my little sister. He acts like he likes her." Louis vents. "As sad as I am that she's leaving so soon, maybe it will be good she's going to the X-Factor in 10 days." He adds.

I don't hear anything else, because I run back to my room. Maybe it is good I'm leaving. I would never date any of his friends, doesn't he know that. The thing with Harry today....it was....nothing. Absolutely nothing. He's a friend, nothing more. Nothing more Kendall. Nothing.