Part 16. (Final Chapter)

GUYS!

THIS. IS. IT.

THE final chapter of Star!

I'm very proud and so grateful for everyone that has suck through me with this train wreck of a story, and I don't know how I am EVER going to repay you all!

SO, I know your all waiting for me to start, so..

LET'SSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! :D

'To me, Fearless is not the absense of fear. It's not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.'

- Taylor Swift

(Quote that kinda describes this story in my mind <3)

_______________________________________________________________________________

Part 16.

(No one's P.O.V)

Ash saw as Derek dropped to the ground, a silver bullet pierced through his back. His motion-less body was soon covered in seeping blood, a puddle of crimson staining the floor. Ash wasted no more time, there was nothing he could do for Derek now, he was dead.

Gone.

The only thing Ash could do was try and get Star out alive, find her little friends, and get to safety, alive. If he could do that, maybe the guilt inside him would stop tugging for leaving Derek's body. 

Star began to stir just as Ash was dashing out the door, two men in white at his heels. 

"Shut up Star and stop moving!" Ash hissed, turning around and elbowing a guard in the face. Star opened her eyes to find herself staring up at Ash, battling with a guard. Star jumped up and swung her fists at the second guard wildly. She looked to Ash, finding him chopping on the neck of his guard, spitting out a chuck of skin and moving on to Star's opponent. 

Just as fast as Ash could get over, the guard had Star in a head-lock, a knife pushed up to her neck.

"One more step and the girl gets it." The guard yelled quickly. Ash froze.

"Don't." Ash begged. "Please." 

A man in white creeped behind, Ash was too frozen in fear to notice.

"ASH, LOOK OUT!" Star screamed, but it was much to late. 

As Ash flipped around, a wooden stake was plunged through his chest. Ash groaned inwardly and dropped to is knees before falling to the floor. 

"ASH!" Star screamed sobbing. She turned her eyes to the guard with the blood covered stake in his hands, a grin on his face. "Y-your a monster." She cried.

"It's my job sweetheart, you learn to get used to it. And plus, it's not like I'm killing actually people. You were not designed for this world girl, your kind should be punished for the wreck your have brought apon us." The guard hissed.

"No, You are killing people. Maybe not humans, but people." She growled back. 

The guard walks closer to Star, pressing the stake to her chest. 

"Go to Hell." She spats. The guard plunges the stake into her chest.

The world spins, Star gasps and chokes for air. She feels herself falling. she tries to remember Sky, and Simon, Ash and Derek, having them be her last memory. She remembers the day they all had the snow ball fight, god it seemed like so long ago. She remembered being trapped under Ash, and Derek coming pissed. She remembers going to diner with Derek and Simon and their friends, and being completely ignored and leaving. She remembers her mom and dad, her little sister Katherine. She remembers that time in the lab when she blew up her science experiement and they had to evacuate the school. 

There were so many things she wishes she could have done. Finish school, get married, have kids, grow old and grey, go to college maybe, go skydiving, and maybe even go to italy. So many things she had never gotten to experience. 

As her vision blurs she thinks of Derek and only Derek, the gap between his teeth, his bright green eyes, his short cropped brown hair and tan skin, his long strong arms and the warmth he gave off, his special smirk and the twinkle in his eyes. How much she wanted a house to be thiers, how she wanted to say 'We' and 'Ours', and how she desperatly wanted to see him down on one knee, and now she never would. 

She prays to god, thanking him for a life with no regrets except one, never telling Derek she loved him. She prayed he would help Sky and Simon be together and to keep her family safe. She thanked him for everything and as she took her last breath, she died happy.

Happier than she had ever been.

____________________________________________