The Pros: We won’t have any secrets between us. We will be super close. They’ll stay by me and support me. They cheer me up when I feel like becoming a waterfall. They’ll make me smile and laugh even though I am truly sad inside. They’ll bring out the old me. The one who was bright and cheerful with no worries in the world.

As I had the silent argument, I knew for a fact that the pros weighed the cons down. As I made my decision, I noticed them standing up to leave. What? They can’t leave now!

I frantically reached forward and guess what? I fell off the bed. On my face. I think my nose is broken. “Ouch.. That hurt!” I whined rubbing my head. Zayn and Louis turned to stare at me, amusement dancing in their eyes.Hmmm...What happened to wanting to help my eh? After rubbing my sore nose, and mouth, and chin, and forehead, I grabbed their retreating figures by the hands and pulled them towards me.

“Well then, besties, let me spill my life story to you... just after I get myself an ice-pack.” I smiled. They smirked. Wonderful friends I have. Really. *insert eye rolls*

As we settled down on my queen-sized bed, I pulled out the box. I set it in the middle of our triangle. I clutched the ice-pack against my face for a few seconds before setting it aside. I looked at the boys and notice Lou’s cheeky hand inching its way towards the box. I swatted it away glaring at him.

“Geez sorry!” he mumbled.

“So, since I’m spilling my life story here, you..and you, must promise not to tell anyone. No one!” I said with such authority, pointing at each of them to add the dramatic effect.

"Pinky promise." They chorused as they each got one of my pinkies and pinky promised. I took a deep breathe. Can’t believe I’m telling two other people about this!

"Trust us. We will never tell." Louis reassured me, patting my hands.

I fished out the first letter and read it to myself. Fresh tears threatened to spill. I bit my lip as I handed over to them. I watched closely, as emotions swimmed past their eyes as they read through the letter.

“This is sad.” Louis said. Zayn smacked him at the back of his head and gave him a glare. “Oh.. I mean, I’m really sorry Ellie.”

“What else is there?” Zayn asked. I grabbed the other letters and placed them neatly in front of us, arranged neatly according to the year. I took out a smaller box where I kept all the charms my dad had given me with each letter. I took out the various charms and place them with each letter.

"In every letter, he gives me a charm to add to this beautiful bracelet." I smiled. I really loved the bracelet. It was awe-striking.

“They’re beautiful... He has an eye for beauty!” Zayn said, glancing at the various charms. I nodded.

“In the last message though, he says there’s a message? Something that will tell me what to do...” I mumbled.

“Ooooh! Cool. A hidden message..” Louis screamed in excitement. Zayn thumped him again.

“What? Oh I mean.. We will help you figure it out Ellie.” Lou said scratching his head. Wow. I wonder how he is at a sad occasion like a funeral. Probably jumping around happily.

“Only my father will think of something like this. He is afterall, a known detective.” I grinned, proud. Flashbacks of our happy moments swimmed across my eyes. I miss him. I missed his hugs. I missed his goodnight kisses. I miss everything about him. Here comes the tears.

“I-in the l-last le-letter he wrote a poem..Which I can’t quite get...” I choked out.

"And it makes no sense to me..." Louis chuckled. I glared at him. Zayn just slapped him. You go Zayn! One more slap! I was mentally cheering. Louis pouted. If it weren’t for that-that face, I would have hi-fived him, in the face, with a trucking wooden table. Or maybe I should just kick him out via the window! Perfectto.

He cleared his throat. “Well then, let's figure that exciting hidden message your father left us!” Lou cheered.

Time for a lot of brainstorming.

*******

Hey guys! So I uploaded this after a long time. I hope you like it. We had been really busy over the past few weeks with exams. It was our first year in secondary school and the stuff has been really different! Well, we have been coping well! We kind of did quite good. XD

Back to the story... So I know this is short. It's kind of a filler. We will definately upload the next chapter in the coming days. I really hope you will like it. I know you guys hate cliffhangers and I do not like to keep them that much but I wanted to question you guys!!

So, comment how you feel about the chapter below. What will the hidden message be and what do you think the peom will be? Do you think the bracelet has a meaning? The charms? How would a family be? Dead or alive? What about her father? What does he want to tell her in the last letter?

Hope you guys have a great day like I did!!

Good luck for the holidays!!

Love you all, 

R

Yesh. I still say it. Hakuna Matata!

(Btw, has anyone watched Pitch Perfect. I know I'm late.)

:D

You've Got That One Thing [On Hold]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें