Chapter 5

“Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths.” 

― Charles H. Spurgeon

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ellie's P.O.V

Wow. Its so chilly out. Damn I wish I was inside the shop. I turned and glanced inside the shop. Immediately, I saw the two of them staring at me and not talking. WHAT? When I’m inside, they talk like there’s no tomorrow. When I give them all the space to talk among themselves they choose to give their attention to me...Man were boys confusing.  I gave a slight wave and motioned for them to continue. But of course, they choose to stare. I rolled my eyes and walked to the nearby park. This hoodie was too thin. Shit. I’m going to be a human popsicle by the time I reach the park. I took a detour and reached the mcdonalds.

I forced myself not to look in as I glanced around. I notice Louis on the phone as Drake was just looking around. I slowly watched him. Suddenly, his blue eyes caught mine. I immediately ducked but knew for sure that he had seen me. I slowly made my way out of there, trying my best not to be seen by them. I was now literally freezing. I walked and walked. Humph. I forgot my way. What am I going to do?

I walked slowly as I crossed some traffic lights. Winter was near and it felt like it was going to snow anytime. Maybe, it was because I was in a hoodie. My hand travelled up and down my forearm trying to create heat. I failed miserably. My head started to hurt. I was feeling giddy. The whole world started to move around, very quickly. Black spots filled my eyesight. I blinked furiously trying to clear my eyesight. I leaned against the wall of the restaurant trying to regain my balance. Then, it all went black.

Louis P.O.V

I sat there with Ellie. Suddenly, I heard her curse under her breathe...what? What happened? I glanced around only to be met by blue ones. Someone from her school maybe? I introduced myself and found out that he was Drake. Drake...Drake? OH right. The guy she fancied. Why are girls either so blind or so stubborn to admit their feelings. Seriously. Look at how straightforward we men are. We don’t like, we march up to you and say, “Dude, you’re such a loser.” If we like the person we try to give them hints and if she still doesn’t get it, ask her out and tell the feelings! So easy. But noooooo. Girls bottle up all their screwed up feelings inside and eat ice-cream. Back to ElBear. It was so obvious she fancies him.

As a nice brother I am, I started “interrogate” Drake. So yours truly, Louis, the Tommo Tomlinson, who is I, started the first question. The most important one.

“Do you like carrots?” I asked, all serious.

“Of course I do! Aren’t they like the best vegetables on earth? What kind of question is that?” Drake answered. Damn, Ellie, you have my nod of approval to hang out with this nice lad.

We then started talking about our hobbies. We have so much in common! We both love soccer. How awesome. I told him about how I played for charity.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Ellie looking between Drake and I before rolling her eyes. Ellie looked like she was bored. Awww. Wittle EllieBear is bored. We asked her to wait a while but she just stormed off. She was really pissed off, ayw. We both just stared at her as she walked away. I really did not want her to be angry with me. What kind of brother was I. Drake and I were about to go after her when suddenly.

I grinned sheepishly as the whole store turned to glare at me because of the song blaring. I glanced at the screen. HazzaBear! Now, why would he be calling? I raked my head for answers as I answered the call.