Chapter 15 All is Fair in Love and Confessions

Finally around 6pm April walked in.

"Hey guys." She said dropping her bags in the corner of the room and hugging mom.

"So what's college like?" Aunt Carolyn asked.

"It's good, but I really missed you guys." April smiled.

"Well come on lets eat!" Dad said impatiently.

After dinner the guest left and April came into my room to talk.

"So Alexa what have you been up to?" April said sitting on my bed.

"It's all been very weird." I said while thinking over how much I wanted to tell her.

"What do you mean?" She asked curiously.

"I mean well I'm a lesbian." I said finally consciously admitting it to someone.

"Have you told anyone about this?" She asked looking concerned.

"Well I sorta accidentally came out in school." I said vaguely.

"That must be difficult." She said knowingly about what that school was like.

"The hardest part is Harper not seeming to accept me." I sighed.

"Well if she is a true friend she will come around. What else is happening around here?"

"Mom and Dad... they have been fighting." Dad is never home and when he is he is doing work." I said softly.

"That seems unlike him." She said after a moment of thinking. "You better get some sleep you still have school in the morning." She added before walking out.

The next morning I had April drive me to school to make sure I was on time. The dance was that night so I was sort of excited since after school she was taking me to get my hair done. Luckily nothing happened in school and April was right on time to pick me up. Around 7:30 pm I met Brooke Lyn, Daisy and Genie outside the school building and we all walked in together. About 10 feet away we saw Harper who was wearing the dress that we had bought in the outing to copy Ivy and her friends she smiled lightly at the site of us but I turned away. Ivy walked right up to Genie when she noticed.

"What do you think your doing in that dress?" She hissed.

"What do you mean? I bought this dress ages ago." She lied simply.

"We are wearing the same dress. Big faux pas!" Ivy snapped back.

"Well I guess you're just going to have to change." Genie smirked.

Ivy then let out a shriek and grabbed the shoulder strap of Genie's dress and tore it. One of the chaperone's noticed and threw Ivy out of the dance.

"Victory!" Genie said highfiving all of us as the rest of Ivy's party left te dance in her wake.

Around 10pm I left the dance with Daisy who dropped me off at home. The next day was Thanksgiving So I went right to bed so I wouldn't be tired. But even being well rested couldn't possibly prepare me for what happened next.

I helped mom in the kitchen all morning and finally around 1 pm it was time to sit down and eat. Aunt Carolyn was chatting with my mom about recipes and Audrina was grilling April about college life. Damon was making a mountain out of his potatoes while Daisy and I chatted about the dance. When someone bursted through our front door holding a pregnancy test and the hand of a little girl.

"Andrea!" My father gasped.

"Owen, I'm pregnant. It's your's." She said positively glowing.

"What is the meaning of this?" My mother said jumping out of her chair.

"You honestly think he has been faithful?" Andrea asked feigning shock."So anyway's Owen I was thinking if it's a girl we could name it Alisha."

Aunt Carolyn dropped her knife. Alisha was the name of my twin who was a stillborn. The topic of Alisha was not a welcome one in my family and Andrea knew it.

"How could you?" My mom gasped turning towards my father.

"Andi, take Nicole and go. Please... just go..." He said looking stunned.

"No... you go with her." My mom said pointing towards the door.

"Are you saying we're done?" He asked looking horrified.

"I don't know." She said before turning and walking into the kitchen.