Chapter 7 Snotty Slutty Secretary

“Does he still have that really snotty secretary?” Harper ask as we got to the top of the stairs.

“You mean Andrea? Yeah he does.” I said not being able to remove the irritation from my voice.

“Oh right I remember he calls her ‘Andi’ doesn’t he” she asked trying to remember.

“Yup…”I muttered as we walked into the classroom door and sat down.

But as soon as the class started I was thinking about my dad’s secretary Andrea. She was always so cruel. Especially to my mom, she has a surgery to fix her nose after a car accident last November and at the office Christmas party Andrea had make a comment about how that must be why its called plastic surgery it really looks plastic. I don’t understand why she feels the need to act like a petty child.

Harper yawned next to me waking me from my own thoughts. Mr. Daskin began passing around a work sheet for us to do for the remainder of class.

“Oh look a work sheet” Harper said sarcastically.

“I know right so much fun” I giggled joining in.

“So the civil war, hmmm” she muttered reading it over.

“I take it you want to work together” I asked opening my text book.

“Would make it go quicker. Do you know the answer to number one” She asked looking confused.

“Of course the answer is always 42. Everyone knows that.” I said giggling.

The remainder of class went by fairly quick while we took turns finding answers in the text book and making jokes. The bell than rang and we made our way to the parking lot where I met up with Daisy.

“What do we need to bring him anyways” I asked Daisy as we were leaving go to my father’s office.

“Something that needs to be faxed in by tonight I guess” She said looking as confused as I felt.

“Okay then, well Harper I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said to her as I got into Daisy’s car.

“Yeah try not to be late” she called back to me.

“After we drop off this work do you want to drop by the mall?” Daisy asked while pulling onto the highway.

“Yeah that might make this trip more fun.” I replied while opening my wallet to make sure I had enough money for a mall trip.

“You know what else might make this fun?” Daisy asked back while slamming down the accelerator.

“Oh Daizee!” I whined. “You’re going to get yourself another speeding ticket!”

“But we’ll get there much faster.” She reasoned back.

And she was right we did. Soon we were standing outside my father’s office door attempting to reason with the slutty secretary.

“Oh it looks like some children managed to slip past security.” Andrea sighed at the sight of us.

“Look Andrea my father is expecting us.” I demanded back more forcefully that I should have.

“Hey Andi!” My father greeted her cheerily as he walked out of the office.

“Oh hi!” Andrea greeted back brightly. “These two came to bring you something. Probably some sort of card or something they make children make in school with their hand prints on them.” She giggled. “My daughter made me one just last week.”

“Haha very funny but I’m 15.” I said bitterly.

“Thank you for bringing this over.” My father replied finally turning his attention towards Daisy and I.

“Mom wants to know what time you’ll be home.” I said knowing she would like to know.

Dad glanced at Andrea as if she made the decision for him.

“I think you have a dinner event to attend.” She said without even consulting a schedule.

“I do?” He asked back with she gave him an annoyed look. “Oh right I do!” He added after seeing her face.

“So what time will you home?” I asked again since he did not answer my question.

“I honestly don’t know.” He said heading back towards his office.

“Let’s go.” Daisy said grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the door.