Chapter 5 Falsely Accused

A few seconds later there was a knock at my door.

“Lexa, can I come in” Audrina called through the crack in the door.

“Sure” I called back closing my poem book and stuffing it out of sight.

“Hey Lexa, mom seems really stressed out lately I think we should do more to try to not add to her stress.” Audrina said absent mindedly fiddling with the bracelets on her wrist.

“Yeah I know I talked to her earlier. Maybe you should come home after cheerleading. That might make it so she is home alone less.” I said gazing up at her.

“Don’t try to pin all this on me. Which one of us is always at Daisy’s or Harper’s” Audrina demanded back.

“Which one of us spends every night of the weekend at wild beer drinking parties instead of home with her family” I snapped back.

“That would be April. She is the one who didn’t want to come home for the weekend” Audrina said glowingly.

“April isn’t like that and you know it” I said defensively.

“Have you even talked to April since she left? You won’t even recognize her now. The April that left is gone for good” Audrina said in a huff.

“April and I will always be close” I stated calmly as my computer dinged with the message of a new IM. “Oh look an IM from April now.”

April: hey how is my favorite sister? (shhh… don’t tell audrina I said that lol)

Alexa: Sorry Audrina was in my room lol

April: Opps… maybe I should be more careful lol. Sorry about this weekend, mandatory dorm meeting I couldn’t leave.

Alexa: It’s okay mom really misses you though.

“Ugg… point taken” Audrina groaned as she walked out of my room.

April: I know I tried to explain it but she wouldn’t listen.

Alexa: Audrina is gone.  So what’s college like?

April: Loud. There is always someone doing something stupid than uploading it to the internet.

Alexa: So have you been to any wild parties?

April: I admit I’ve been to one. My first night here I wanted to make friends. Totally not my scene lol. So how is everything with you?

Alexa: Confusing, everything is so weird here. Dad is isolating in his office doing all this work when he has all day to it at work. Mom feels alone. Audrina is ms. Popularity.

April: Yes but how are you holding up?

Alexa: I’m hanging in there…

April: I must admit I sense something weird with you. Are you sure you’re alright?

Alexa: I’m sure I’ll be fine.

April: I’m sure you will too. Stay strong, look fear in the eye… and never let them take you alive!

Alexa: Okay April… See you soon?

April: I would think so. Thanksgiving break is only a few weeks off.

Alexa: Okay good night.

April: Night Lexa

I glanced at the clock as April logged off 9:07. Time sure flies when you’re dealing with your siblings. I thought. Oh look cake.

I finished my cake and brought my plate downstairs. Where all was silent and peaceful.

I then when back up to my room where I flicked through the channels until I fell asleep.