Chapter Twenty-Eight

Word Count: 2505

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Thursday, March 17th

"Phil," Dan sighs for the hundredth time, "I told you, I have the cost covered."

"Dan, we are both going on this trip; we could at least split the cost."

Dan takes Phil's suitcase from him, setting it next to his by the door. He refuses to take the envelope of money from Phil.

"Besides, I've already paid."

"Exactly; I'm paying you back," Phil explains, pushing the envelope back towards Dan.

"Put it towards University or something."

"What about your university funds?"

"I told you, don't worry about it," Dan replies, really hating that he brought up University.

"Dan, how am I supposed to not worry about it?"

"Just...don't."

Phil sighs, finally realizing that Dan isn't ever going to accept the money. He slips the envelope into one pocket of his suitcase, securing it there tightly.

"Is that really-"

"I'll take it out later," Phil cuts Dan off, slightly annoyed.

Dan walks over to Phil, taking Phil's hands in his own. "Please don't be mad at me. We leave tomorrow and I can't have you mad at me whilst we are on the plane. Or at all."

Phil bites his lip before replying, "I just wish..."

"I know. Just trust me when I say you don't need to worry about it."

"Fine. We should get to bed; our flight is at seven isn't it?"

*

"Passengers, we will be landing in Maui in fifteen minutes. Please return to your seats."

Dan sighs in relief hearing this news. He would kill for the fresh air and space. The last time he got either was at their pit-stop in Los Angeles.

Dan gently wakes Phil from where he sleeps against the plane's wall. "Love, we'll be landing soon."

"What time is it," Phil asks, slowly waking up. Dan opens the blinds to be greeted with a pitch black sky.

"Not daytime," Dan replies, confident in his answer.

"Looks like mid day to me."

"Sleepy Phil equals sarcastic Phil," Dan comments, earning a shove.

"Like you're any better. What's the time difference?" Phil asks, staring out the window where building lights start to come into view.

"It's like nine hours or something like that. Ten maybe?"

"I doubt hotel reception will like the fact that we're coming in so late."