Chapter Eleven

Word count: 2085

Chapter Eleven

His hands run through Dan's hair, making Dan moan. Dan is so glad that no one is home.

This is crazy. Utterly crazy. Never in the past year would Dan have imagined this happening, but here he is. Here they are.

Oh how much he missed this. The sweet bliss he feels just being with this boy. This boy who he must still love.

******

Five Hours Earlier•

"I hate you," he had said. "How could you get over me?"

The dream of Nick was still fresh in Dan's mind. Not only was it exhausting him right at this moment, it woke him up at three in the morning and kept him up. As Dan stares at himself in the mirror, he can just make out the dark circles beginning to form under his eyes.

Dan wanted to be over Nick, he really did. As much as he wants it though, it just doesn't seem to mean anything. He can't get Nick out of his mind. It doesn't help that he is reminded of Nick just by talking to Phil. No, scratch that. Just by looking at Phil. Their kiss doesn't help much either. That seems to stay on his mind as well.

What Dan should really be thinking about is Liam. He can't be bothered, which is kind of weird. Most people would be bothered by the fact that their boyfriend cheated. Not Dan. Actually, Liam's cheating probably brought Dan and Phil closer.

All Dan can think about is Nick or the situation he and Phil are in. Phil's parents probably wouldn't be too approving of them having a relationship. That, and Phil hasn't really talked to Dan. In fact, whenever they're in the same room, the air is filled with awkwardness.

And it's been a week.

A week since Lance and Liam cheated together. A week since Dan and Phil kissed. That means a month has passed since Dan broke in. He's been at the Lester's for one whole month.

Dan is startled when a series of knocks sound on the door. "Dan?" Phil says from the hallway.

Dan sighs and pushes his hand through his hair, messing it up after he just finished straightening it. His hand lands on the doorknob and twists it open. Dan meets Phil's eyes.

"It's all yours," he says before walking passed him. However, Phil grabs his wrist stopping him.

"Dan," he says before taking a deep breath. "Are you mad? At me?"

Dan frowns slightly. "Why would I be?"

"I mean, after what happened, we haven't talked much... I just need time to think about things. I hope that's okay.."

"Sure, take your time," Dan responds, forcing a smile onto his lips. He turns to walk down the hallway once more, but Phil speaks again.

"It's not like I didn't enjoy it or anything, but with Lance and all... I just don't know if I want to be in a relationship or anything."

"Phil, believe me, I understand."

Phil sighs in relief. "Thanks," he says before walking into the bathroom.

Yeah, Dan thinks. Whatever.

Dan goes into his room and changes from his sweatpants into a pair of black skinny jeans and slips on a grey jumper. He grabs the Math textbook off his nightstand. He had homework he was supposed to do, but it didn't actually get done.

Dan goes ahead and heads downstairs. As much as he doesn't want to go to school, he's happy that the weekend is over. All he does is work, and he needs some sort of a break.