Chapter Twenty-Seven

Word Count: 2308

Chapter Twenty-Seven

February 16th

"Shit," Dan mutters, causing Phil to laugh.

"I'm not as bad at this as you expected," Phil replies, waiting for Dan to re-spawn in their game of Halo. "It is my console, my disc. You'd think that I'd have a bit of practice."

"Hush," Dan replies, frowning as he concentrates. "Fuck!" Dan shouts as Phil kills him again.

Phil ruffles Dan's hair, giggling as he does. "Calm down Dan."

"You just messed up my hair."

"Oh you poor thing," Phil remarks sarcastically, poking Dan's side.

"Why are you so mean to me?" Dan asks, not-so-seriously.

"Pfft, mean? I am the most caring person ever. Just because I am better at-"

Phil is cut off by Dan putting a hand over his mouth. Phil leans further from Dan, trying to finish his sentence, even though Dan follows Phil with his hand.

"It is just an off day."

Phil mutters, "Just admit that I have been kicking your ass at this game for the past half hour." Although, it is not even close to comprehensible.

"What was that? Did you just admit that I would probably beat you on any other day?"

Phil shakes his head, along with giving Dan an eye roll. Phil manages to take Dan's hand off of his mouth, long enough to stick his tongue out at Dan. Dan childishly scrunches his nose and sticks his tongue back out at Phil.

"Real mature," Phil comments.

"Like you can talk."

"You're just jealous that I ultimately won."

"Oh, shush."

"Make me."

Dan raises his eyebrows at that one. "I mean, I figured you'd be screaming, but if that's how you want it to be..."

Phil smacks Dan's chest, his cheeks turning a light pink. "Stop it."

Dan laughs, but leans over to press a kiss to Phil's lips, which is returned. Dan sits back up, pulling Phil along with him.

They sit in a comfortable silence, hands clasped together, fingers intertwined. Dan rubs his thumb across the side of Phil's hand.

"We'll be dating for six months in almost a month," Dan states.

"Very true. Is there a reason for bringing it up?"

"Mhmm," Dan hums, looking up from where he was staring at their hands, only to find that Phil was looking at him. "I thought we could do something."

"Like what?"

"Well, also in a month is spring holiday. Maybe we could go on a trip or something?"

Phil smiles at Dan. "Really? That's what you want to do?"

"If I'm with you."

Phil moves so that he is straddling Dan's lap, their noses pressed together. Phil throws his arms around Dan's neck. "Look who's being cheesy now."