"Hey baby, Harper in bed?" Adam asked, kissing her cheek, "our boy was on fire tonight, 10 buckets"

"Yea, she passed out on the floor playing" Kim told him, "I assume they when won?"

"They did, thanks to Anthony" Adam gloated, "I took him out for pizza, hope you don't mind"

"I figured you did, Annie came over with Drew so we ordered Chinese" Kim said as she watched Anthony play with his cars, "I'm biased but I think he's the cutest little boy on the planet" she smiled.

"Well, he does look just like his daddy"

"You really need to work on your self esteem, Adam" she teased, "I missed you"

Helen couldn't ignore the growing pit in her stomach any longer, she decided it was time to call Adam, as she dialed she heard the door open.

Relief filled her when she spotted her son, she hung the phone up, "Declan Edward Burgess where the hell have you been? Practice ended at six thirty and it's almost nine" she folded her arms, the last few months he had changed. He was no longer the boy who was eager to please and followed the rules to a 'T'.

"Relax, Ma" he told her putting his lacrosse bag in the laundry room, "a couple of guys from the team hung out at the mall and I went with them" he started for his room.

"You know that little rectangle thing usually attached to your hand?" She asked sarcastically, "it's not just to play stupid games, it makes phone calls too!"

"Yea, yea, I get it. My bad" he rolled his eyes, "won't happen again"

"Damn right it won't, you're grounded for a week" she told him, "you go to school and lacrosse and that's it!" She didn't have the heart to take lacrosse from him, it was what had kept his head above water after Daniel's death.

"Whatever" he told her, slamming his door.

"Daddy said I'm the best, and Uncle Kevin said daddy sucks!" Anthony laughed over his bowl of fruit loops.

Kim placed her palm on the countertop, "Anthony Owen, what have I told you about bad words?"

Anthony's eyes found the floor, "just because Daddy says them doesn't mean I can" he repeated his bottom lip forming a pout, it had become a frequent occurrence, Adam had a mouth that would embarrass a drunken sailor.

"Thank you" she told him, "that also includes Uncle Kevin, Uncle Jay and Uncle Sean" it was amazing he didn't curse more often considering the men in his life, "and you are the best" earning a grin from her son.

"More!" Harper used her spoon to hit the tray of her high chair, "more" her bowl empty.

Kim filled the bowl, "you are your father's child, Harper Grace"

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" Adam asked fresh from the shower, "you sleep well?" He winked.

"It means she becomes a monster when food is involved, and yes I slept incredibly well" hinting at the previous night's activities she laughed, "you clean up nice" she told him running her hand down his cheek, "what did Helen want?" She asked him.