Chapter 19: Real Love

I woke up in the morning and saw that Loki was already gone. I then woke the kids up and got them ready for the day. After that I did the usual and made them their breakfast. A knock sounded at the door and I answered.

''Hey,'' I said, smiling brightly.

''Hey Gwen, are you okay? You look a little pale,'' Loki's mom said.

''Yeah I'm doing alright,'' I said.

''Okay, so Loki told me that you needed someone to bring the kids to school,'' she said. I nodded my head and opened the door wider to let her in.

''Grandma,'' the kids squealed as they saw her.

''Grandma's gonna bring you guys to school,'' I said. They nodded their heads happily. After they finished they got up and were out the door.

''I love you guys,'' I said. The only thing I heard in return was a slam of the door. I was filling really shitty today. I went to go take a shower and I cleaned up a little. After that I looked in the mirror and nearly screamed.
I looked like a ghost. I put on some makeup and regained my natural coloring. After that I straightened my hair. I looked pretty decent. I got dressed and then I walked back downstairs. I fixed some food for myself and listened to the sounds of the warriors outside. I guess Thomas and Ellie weren't coming today. I heard Loki's mom come in,'' Do you want some breakfast?'', I asked.

''No I'm fine,'' she said as she sat at the table.

''So what's been going on?'', she asked.

''Nothing much. What about you?'', I asked.

''Loki's dad and I are planning a little vacation,'' she said, smiling.

''That's good. Is it for a special occasion or just for fun?'', I asked.

''It's our 40th anniversary,'' she said.

''Oh that's good. I hope Loki and I make it that far,'' I said.

''What do you mean Gwen?'', she asked.

''It's nothing really. I'm just putting on a little weight and I think Loki might be noticing,'' I said, trying to sound unaffected.

''Well I mean your pregnant Gwen. So it's expected that you'll gain a little weight, don't put yourself down about it,'' Karewren said.

''Yeah, I know. I'm not putting much thought into it,'' I said.

''Good you don't need to, we need you to relax and not stress, so I can have a healthy grandchild,'' she said.

''Don't worry, I won't dw- ah!'', I yelped as I held onto my chest. It was hurting like hell.

''Are you okay, honey?'', Karewren asked.

''Just a little chest pain,'' I said.

''Where did you say Loki was?'', she asked.

''He's at work,'' I said. She nodded her head.

''Why don't you lay down for a minute,'' she said. I nodded my head, I went upstairs and laid down in bed. The pains were worsening, to the point where tears were falling out of my eyes.

''Gwen?'', Karewren asked worried. Sobs racked through my body and I wasn't able to respond. It went on for a few more minutes and then it stopped.

''Gwen are you okay?'', she asked. I nodded my head and wiped my tears.

''I feel better now,'' I said. I had an idea what the pains were from, but I didn't want to confirm it. Loki would never do that to me, or so I hoped. I mean I was getting fat and we haven't been as intimate as before, maybe he doesn't feel anything for me anymore. I mean what did I have going for me, I was fat and I wasn't really smart nor did I do much with my life. I was just a housewife, a boring ass housewife, nothing special. He could find someone better. I mean my own kids didn't want to have anything to do with me. I frowned slightly and snuggled up to the sheets. Tears made their way down my face. I hated crying, it made me feel weak. Loki's mom ran her fingers through my hair soothingly and soon enough I fell asleep.