Chapter 9: Farewell

''I love you guys and be good for your mom,'' Loki said as he hugged the kids.

''We love you too, daddy,'' All the kids chorused as they hugged Loki back. Loki stood up and hugged me.

''I love you, Gwen,'' he said as he held me tight.

''I love you too, Loki,'' I said, my voice cracking a little bit. Tears spilled out of my eyes.

''Don't cry,'' he said as he kissed my tears away.

''We'll your crying too,'' I said, laughing slightly. Tears were spilling out of his eyes and I wiped them away. We both leaned down and kissed each other. It wasn't a long, tongue tied one. It was more of a short, simple, and sweet kind of kiss.

''I'll see you later, okay,'' he said.

''Okay, Loki,'' I said. I kissed him again. He kissed and hugged the kids one more time before leaving. All of us, everyone of us in the pack watched our loved ones go away. I waved and cried as Loki rode away. I didn't have the best feeling about this, in my soul I felt that something would go wrong.

''C'mon kids,'' I said as Loki and the rest of the pack rode out of sight. The pack members led us downstairs into our room. I wanted the kids to stay with me so I could watch over them. The bed was big, very big. It could probably fit like 10 people. The kids and I sat on the bed and watched TV. I started crying all ready feeling the affects of Loki being away.

''Don't cry, mama,'' Luca said as he hugged me. I was surprised, he never showed much affection.

''I'm sorry, I just miss your dad,'' I said. Gosh I felt so pathetic and weak.

''We miss him too, but we ave to be strong fo Dada,'' Lola said.

''I know,'', I said as I pulled them close.

''Get some rest, my darlings. And I love you,'' I said.

''We love you, too,'' they said. I held them close and drifted off to sleep. The last thing I heard was Loki mind-linking me 'Goodnight,'

When I woke up in the morning the kids were still sleeping. I was kind of hungry but I didn't want to leave them here where anything could happen. I decided to hurry up and take a quick shower. After I was done I put on some clothes and got back to the kids. They were somewhat awake somewhat asleep.

''Momma,'' Lola said as she scrunched up her eyebrows and held out her arms. I walked over to her and picked her up.

''What's wrong, honey?'' I asked as I kissed her on her forehead. She just shrugged her shoulders and fell asleep in my arms. I laid back down and all of the kids cuddled up to me before falling back asleep. I decided to do the same.

''Mom,'' I heard a voice say, I groaned and fell back asleep.

''Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mama,Mama, Mama, Mama, Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma, M-

''Okay, okay I'm up,'' I said as I opened my eyes. I saw the children all up and jumping on the bed.

''Don't do that you guys you'll hurt yours-*cries*

''Momma!'' I heard Loki Jr. cry. I sighed and got up. I picked Loki Jr. up and rocked him back and forth.

''My head hurt, momma,'' Loki Jr. cried.

''I know let mama kiss it for you,'' I said. He pulled back a little and I kissed his forehead. His cries turned into sniffles.

''You feel better?'' I asked. He nodded his head.

''You want me to keep holding you?'' I asked.

''Yeah,'' he said. I kept rocking him back and forth and the other kids looked at me expectantly.

''Can we play a game?'', Luke asked.

''Umm sure, how about we play red light green light,'' I said.

''What's that?'', Luca asked.

''The game starts with a person at the end. When I say green light, you move forward and when I say red light you stop, whoever doesn't stop on red light is out and whoever gets to me first wins,'' I said.

''Sound fun?'', I asked. They nodded their heads. I was about to put Loki Jr. down but he whined in protest. I went to the end of the room.

''Green light!'' I said. They all ran forward.

''Red light,'', I said, they all stopped. Now it was time to trick them.

''Red light,'' I said. All of them moved.

''Your all out!'', I said. They all looked confused then realization reeled in. They all laughed.

''Can we play again?'', they asked.

''Sure,'' I said.

''Do you wanna play?'' , I asked Loki Jr. Having him on my hips was started to have a strain on my body. Luckily he nodded and I sat him down on the ground. We played the game for like 40 more minutes before we went into the kitchen to eat.

'Hey baby,' Loki mind-linked me. That instantly brightened my day.

''Hey, babe. How are you?'' I asked.

''I'm good, how are you and the kids?'' He asked.

''We're doing good, you didn't get hurt or anything right?'' , I asked.

''No baby, you don't need to worry. Did you go to the doctor to check on the baby?'', he asked.

''Not yet, but I will be when I have some free time,'' I said.

''Gweneth,'' he said warningly.

''I'm serious, baby. I will,'' I said.

''Okay and I'll be mind-linking Tenson to make sure. Oh shit- I gotta go baby I love you,'' he said urgently.

''I love you, too,'' I said. He cut off the link and I was nervous. I prayed that he was okay. Tenson came into the kitchen.

''Hey, are you alright?'' He asked.

''Yeah, I'm good,'' I said. I walked toward the kitchen, holding my hip. Damn these kids were starting to get heavy.

''Here let me,'' he said, he did something to my hip and it instantly felt better.

''I was going to be a chiropractor, but I had to take over the pack,'' he said. I nodded my head.

''Well thanks,'' I said.

''If you need anything else, Gwen. Just let me know I'll be glad to help,'' he said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whaddya think?

Yours Truly,

-Bookie-

Do you guys want a chapter about what Loki's doing or....?