XVIII.

•Sam POV•
I land in San Fran and immediately pull out my phone to call Kevin. I already miss him so much all I want is his arms around me. "Sorry the person you are trying to reach is not available. Please leave a message or try again later" the annoying robot voice speaks as my heart feels like its been ripped from my chest. He said he would be there. He knew I'd be landing around now and said he'd be waiting for my call. Hes already moved on. I toss my phone in my bag and gather my stuff heading straight to the apartment Kevin said he got me. When I get there I find a huge brand new apartment on a lower floor, him knowing I'm scared of heights. I change then decide to try calling him again as I sit on the sofa. "Hey baby I'm so sorry I missed your first call I love you" Kevin's voice floods my ears and my body relaxes a little too much as tears come to my eyes. "I-I miss you. Where were you?"

•Kevin POV•
Where was I? Shit. "Um practice baby I forgot about it or I would've told you" I lie as I climb into a taxi handing the guy a paper with the address to the apartment. "Oh ok I'm sorry I didn't mean to bother you I just missed you I don't know if I'm going to make it 4 years" "I know princess I miss you too and smile for me please" I throw some cash as the driver running up to the place and holding my hand on the doorknob. "I can't Kev I'm too sad" "Ok well what will make you happy again?" I smile knowing her answer and I quietly slide the key in the door. "You holding me" I can practically hear the smile on her face. "Ok well have you checked out the living room it looked really nice in the pictures" if I plan this right she'll be on the sofa looking towards the door. "Ya babe I'm sitting on the sofa right now" "Good don't move" I turn the key and doorknob slowly. "Kevin wh-" I open the door popping my head in first to see her face light up, dropping her phone as she runs at me. "KEVIN!!" she leaps into my arms and I stumble back holding her to me, not ever wanting to let go. "Hey princess" I whisper placing a kiss to her neck. "What are you doing here?!?!" she squeels her smile growing and she's never been cuter. Her hair is thrown in a crappy bun, her sweatpant baggy, my hoodie engulfing her body, and her glasses over her eyes replacing her contacts. "Baby I told you I'd figure it out and make everything work and I did. I don't break a promise" I carry her back into the living room taking a seat and holding her in my lap. "Wait so...are you staying here? You have the team babe you can't stay here!" "Sam I got it taken care of. I'll play for the Giants for these next few years then when I'm ready the Rays said they'll take me back. I'll gain a ring or two, become more known, then head back home and stay where I wanna be. With you. Forever."

----
kevin was so unattractive back in the day and now hes 😍😘😍😘
are any of my schools baseball players gonna grow up and look like him bc then maybe ill go for one of these less attractive ones...