VI.

-Game Day-

"Sam hurry up we gotta go!" "Okokok I'm here I'm ready" I say grabbing my phone and buttoning the last button on my jersey. We get out the door and begin the short walk to Tropicana field. "PANTS?" I yell through the door to the lockeroom. There is a chorus of you're good's so I walk in and take a seat next to Grace on the sofa. Kevin walks over sitting on the arm of the sofa. "Me and Grace are gonna go to Ferg's for lunch we'll be back before your game k?" "Ya sounds good" he kisses me bye and me and Grace head out. On our way out we run into Brittany, Mercy, Kellie, Maggie, and Maddie. They all decide to join us so after they tell their boyfriends we all walk over to Ferg's. It's suprisingly not packed for once so we find a seat and order our food and drinks. "So Sam how are you and Kevin?" Kellie asks me smirking. "Um- good" I say blushing, knowing what's coming next. "That hickey says it's a little better then good" Grace remarks pointing her fork at my neck. "Ughhhhh. Can you seriously still see it? I spent like an hour covering it up." "Yes girl we can see it clear as day" Fuck. We finish our meals and head back all while continuing useless, random converstaion. When we get back the boys are done practicing and we join them in the lockeroom to hang out before their game. I see Archer looking at me. He's the one who's gonna point it out. "Kevin, bro, how was your night last night?" he asks smirking. Fuck you Chris. I give him a death glare then look at Kevin who is blushing but smiling. "Oh ya know same old same old. Watched baseball and ate leftovers." "Bullshit" Chris fires back laughing. Whale den. The rest of the team has started to catch on and I feel a million eyes on my neck. I stand up and walk out heading up to my favorite seats up in the 300 level. When I get up there someone sits beside me and I slowly look over. "Babe you know they are just joking. They didn't mean to hurt you." "I know I- I just don't like them all looking at me and talking about me. I'm not good in social situations you know?" "No I know that's why I'm up here. Why do you even like these seats? You got like 2 flights of stairs and you're at the very top. Do you not feel sick up here?" "No. I like it. No one sits up here so it's quiet and you're practically looking down over the field." "I see your point" he says pulling me up and then down onto his lap, "I'll talk to Chris ok babe? I'm sorry I didn't stop him." "It's not your fault" I tell him kissing his nose, "Now let's go you have a game to play." We begin our long trek back down to the lockeroom and when we get in everyone is dancing as music is blaring. Kevin stepds closer and starts to grind on me and I roll my eyes. "Cmon babe let loose a little!" "Nah I'm good!" "Pweaseeee" he pouts. Damnit that face. "Fine" I say and I grind back. "YES BABY" and he picks me up and I rest my head on his shoulder blushing. "That was terrible" I mutter burrying my face in his neck. "You were amazing" he says kissing my neck. "Mmmm not here Kev" "Later?" "I don't know. You'll have to wait and see." Soon it's game time so all the girls take their seats in the dugout and the boys take the field. Archer's pitching and before we know it it's the 7th inning and he's thrown a perfect game so far. Kevin's up to bat. I scream his name hoping he doesn't strike out. He needs out of this slump. 1 strike. 2 strikes. Cmon babe lets go. The pitcher throws the ball and Kevin smacks it right through shortshop and to centerfield. He makes it to first and I look at Mercy. "Yesss" she gives a thumbs up and I look back at Kevin. Just in time. A pigeon flies across the field heading for him. He throws himself on the ground with a look of pure terror on his face. He lays on the ground for a minute then slowly stands up shaking and looking terrified. After he makes it home he comes into the dugout and I see him talking to Cash. He still looks scared and he comes over to me laying on the bench and putting his head in my lap. I run my fingers through his hair as I giggle. "You're scared of pigeons?" "Whatttt. maybe." "You're crazy" "Samantha. That thing came right at me. It was gonna kill me." "Kevin. It was 2 feet above your head. You were fine." "No I wasn't" "You were now get up it's defense time" "I'm not playing" "And why not?" "Because I almost died. When you almost die you have the right to sit out the rest of the game" "Whatever" I say as he closes his eyes. He slowly drifts to sleep while I watch the game. I'm in love with an idiot.

___________________
~based off real events~ lol he looks so scared and he just dropped and ughhhhh i wanna comfort that loser