Forgiveness

I woke up praying that it was all just a dream. That I would be back home, a hundred and something pounds. The truth was I wasn't, I was in my hospital room starting at the plain ceiling. I felt my ribs and took a sharp inhale and exhale of breath.
I hit the nurse call button and with in minites Linda came in with out a cup of water.
"Can you update me?" I asked bringing the cup to my lips.
"Every one is okay, the nurse that got stabbed is in critical but stable condition. It turns out Frank was screwing with all his patients. Especially you of all of them, he was giving you and addictive drug that made you loose all of that weight it messed with your mind. The pace maker was tampered with causing it to malfunction. All part of his plan to bring you back in. We already scheduled a surgery to put a new one it, this one's guaranteed to work your life time. It'll put some stain on your heart having so many surgeries in a short amount of time, but with the right care you'll be fine."
"And Alec?"
"Got a few stitches but their shouldn't be much pain or scaring for him. Their asking him questions but with the surveillance no charges were pressed."
"That's good," I whispered pulling my blanket from home up to my chest.
"Go to sleep my dearest, when you wake up it'll be a new world."

Alec
After the questioning I walked out with an extra million dollar it wasn't for me of course it was for Iris. They said I could walk out with a million now or go through hell trying to sue for more.
I simple shook hands with a lawyers and left. I knew the law enforcement and the entire judicial system was corrupt but I didn't expect them to pass out money to keep quite like this.
I didn't care about the money. I just wanted to stay off headlines and have Frank in prison for life, and that was guaranteed as I left.
I went into my car and stared at the bags of clothes next to me. I then went back out pulled the bags out of the frount and stuffed them in the trunk.
I went back in, turned the car on, and drove home.
I knew I needed to feed the dogs as well as clean up every thing befor Iris came home.
I parked the car and jogged up the stairs.
When I walked in Mike and Ike started jumping on my legs. I petted them both.
The house was a mess take out containers littered the living room, the sink was piled high with dishes, even clothes were all over the floor.
I began by taking every thing off the floor and putting it in place as well as the trash. As I was putting stuff in its place I went into the fridge to grab a water when I found it empty. Grocery shopping was also on my list.
I closed the fridge and sprayed the counter top with disinfectant. I've seen Iris routine enough to know the basics. I just wanted her to come home to a stress free environment.
It was hard because Iris is a very spacious person with every thing having its exact place.
I loaded the washer and swept and vacuumed while that washed. It was surprising how diffrent the house looked with everything clean now. It all most felt like every thing was normal agian.
Iris was still sick, they did as much as they could trying to flush out the deadly drug Frank had given her.
I still don't know what led him to it. I pushed the thought out of my mind. I didn't want anything but happiness for Iris.
I stored the vacuum under the bed and finished the final touches. Dusting, changing the dogs mats, folding the clothes as well as putting then away. I even scrubbed the shower.
My phone rang from the living room, I ran over and picked it up.
"Hello," I said waiting to her her voice.
"Alec I'm ready to be picked up," her sweet voice spoke.
"Okay, I'll be their right now."
"Okay, bye," she whispered.
The phone beeped that the call was over. She still sounded shaken up by the whole thing.
I had a whole plan set up for the next three day that would make her feel better. And I planned to stay with it.

Lila
I woke up with the light shining bright in my face. A nurse hovered over me. I couldn't feel my toes, I didn't know if it was the drugs or I was paralyzed.
I panicked at the thought, "I need to get up," I yelled pushing my self back. "I need to get out of here," I screamed pulling out the nurse shirt.
"It's okay, it's okay," he said holding my face.
I felt a sense of secureness.
"Your fine," he whispered. "You can't walk anymore I'm sorry."
I burst into tears and he sat on my bed holding me as I cry. He pushed my hair back and looked into my eyes.
"Your baby is okay, it will live a long and healthy life."
"Oh, thank God," I cried.
My body shook uncontrollably. He held me though, and I felt grateful at the thought of it.