Waiting.

Iris

I woke up in the with pain I my chest. I guess when he said tomorrow he ment after midnight tomorrow.

'Fucking Frank,' I thought slapping my hand against the bed. I saw Alec slumped in the chair asleep. The sun was up. I didn't want to wake him up but I was famished. I hit the nurses button and waited. I desperately wanted my phone and vlog camera. I also really wanted to walk, but if the nurse saw me walking unassisted and told Frank I know he'll get on my ass about it. So I looked around me for something to throw at Alec. Then at the side of my bed was a clip board. I reached for it and slipped the pen out. I thew if and it hit his neck. Nothing.

"Alec," I half yelled across the room. "Alec," I said again.

I gave up and smacked the clip board across the middle bar that held my bed. He woke up with a start.

He looked to me. "How do you feel," he said holding my hand.
"I had a pace maker befor not my first time. I feel unaffected by any of this just...give me my stuff."
He didn't argue and set my stuff on the bed table. Right when the nurse came in.
As always the same checking on every thing with out a word and got the clip board out and searched for the pen.
"Where the pen," she asked.
I pointed to Alec hood. He reached behind him and pulled it out.
"You threw it at him."
"You know me too well Linda."
She smiled. "Let me guess you feel like crap, you hungry, want to walk and get the hell out of here."
"Linda," I said, then nodded. She smiled and handed me the menu and the phone from across the room. Then smiled befor she left.

I quickly made up my mind and called. "Hi, I'm Iris room 404 on eating disorders. I would like meat loaf, salad, corn bread, lemon chicken, and a side of apple juice and of couse the kitchen knows me. Three puddings.

She told me it was coming and I knew exactly who to expect to come in. Alec went on with the same questions. How do I feel, what happened, I told him every thing. He was consistently checking every thing. I began vlogging. I told them almost every thing and left Alec out of the shot and a little editing , I posted. Their was so many comments I just had to turn off my notifications.

Finnaly my food came in and I ate it all in less that half an hour. It was a lot of food. Later Frank came it.
"Well Iris I shortened your stay to three more da-"
"Thank God."
He gave me a look.
"Continue."
He went back to the clip board.
"Your obviously eating well. Just a few pills alot less them last time around three different kind. No heavy machinery for a week and no heavy exercise although I suggest walking. Um...I think that's it.Do you need pain pills."

I looked at him. "You know me Frank."
"Mild, generic, when needed," he wispered to him self writing it down. "Well for every thing I see I will just have you over night you leave mid day tomorrow. So behave and I don't want any complaints from nurses."
"No promises Frank."
He sighed and got up and left.
I looked towards Alec. "I hate it here."
He gave a breathy laugh. "I can tell."
I looked at him and he bent in and kissed me. We really just spent the rest of the time watching the third season of Orange Is The New Black. Which was very entertaining then before we knew it we were asleep and woke up at twleve.
I didn't have to throw anything at him he was already awake and changed. I guess he left at some point in the morning.
"Stalk much," I said.
"He came in and saw you were asleep he asked for me to get you clothes and help you get out of bed. I didn't know what to get you so I just grabbed this black dress," he held it up. If was my favorite dress. It was low cut and had think fabric as well as thick straps. "I also hoped you didn't mind I went thew you underwear drawer to grab a bra and underwear."
I laughed, "Good choice Alec, um shoes."
"Your black converse."
I took the clothes from him and went to the bath room to change. I just put my hair into a messy braid. It was easy walking it felt nice. The wires were took in out of me and Linda did me the favor of cleaning my wond.
I came out, to find Linda with a weel chair. I sat in it as I took the glory stroll out the door. Alec had the car ready and I put my self in. We made sure to stop but the Pharmacy to pick up my pills and he took me home. By the door I could see he did his best to clean up the dirt and replaced my sunflowers as well as putting my key back.

When we got inside I went to my couch and just sat their glad to be home. I did a live show while Alec went to get Chipotle and get me my specific type of tea from Starbucks which I had to write down. The live show lasted about two hours and introduced Alec.