Aisle

"I like this one," I said. I was trying on wedding dresses with Lila.
"But, you don't love it, so no not that one."
I went back into the dressing room to put in my regular clothes.
"Back to square one than," I said going back to the rows after rows of dresses.
I shuffled through them when I nearly stumbled.
"I found it, oh my God I found it," I frantically took it out and showed her.
"Oh, my God, yes. Try it on," she pushed me forward. "NOW."
I went into the dressing room where the dresser was waiting to lace me up.
It took quite a lot of tightening but it fit for a trial. I came out and Lila was in shock.
"Can I look now," I asked.
She nodded her head and I turned around. I put my hands over my mouth.
It was exactly what I dreamed of. The stap less sweet heart neck like, the lace dress, and the poofy bottom. I even wore a pair of high tops so I could get an idea.
"I love it," I smoothed out the skirt and turned to the taylor. "When's the earliest I can get it fitted," I asked.
"About two weeks normally it takes longer but my treat," she said in her Russian accent.
"Thank you so much," she helped me change out and I thanked her before I left.
When I got in the car I attacked Lila with information.
"So, Alec already booked the venues and he's meeting me at one for a cater test. He was supposed to pick his tux while I got my dress so that should be down. Um, later were supposed to pick flower arrangements and he's supposed to pick up the rings. God, I hope he doesn't mess up. Next, I need you to drop me off at the mission inn to taste the food. Then, oh while while we're there can you pick up the rings-"
"IRIS, I've got this, just enjoy the time coming up to it...ok," she said.
"Ok," I breathed.
"You good," she asked.
"Yeah, um...we should get going."
She nodded and turned on the car.

The drive was only a few minites and when I arrive Alec had bet me. He was sitting on the outside bench on his phone.
"Okay, I'll be back by three with the rings and flowers picked out, AND befor you sat any thing. Yes, I know which flowers, and the rings okay."
"Yeah, um...thank you so much Lila I couldn't have done it with out you."
"It's nothing, and don't forget your vlog camera," she handed me my purse.
"Bye," I closed the door and she drove off.
When I turned around Alec was behind me; I jumped back.
"Don't sneak up on me like that," I said taking a step forward to kiss him.
"Did you find a dress?"
"Yes, it's perfect but way to big, so I'm getting it fitted."
"Great, I also found my tux. So shall we go taste some food."
"Definitely."

"Oh, my God I don't think I've had anything close to as good as that was," Alec said as we walked out of the mission inn.
"At one point I was convinced their was drugs in it," I said.
"Yeah, me too. So from here were going home right."
"No, I want to go to Lila's parents house. They pretty much were my parents when mine passed."
"Ok, I don't mind meeting your metaphorical parents," he laughed.
"Yeah, hopefully they like you."
"How can they not like me I'm perfect."
"Don't get cocky on me," I laughed.

We waited for about fifteen minutes since we got put early. Lila finally pulled up and apologized.
"Don't worry about it. Hey I was thinking we could go to Dave's and Ben's today."
"Yeah, you haven't seen them in forever," she said.
"They'll understand...they always do."
"Yeah, well get into the car so we could go," she indicated the car and we got in.
Dave's and Ben's was about fourth five minites away. Which is also a reason we didn't visit as often.
We pulled up to their pink house which for some reason every one loved. It was so them, their Gay personality that took over their house. I rememberwe were painting and we painted every room one color of the rainbow. When it came to the master bedroom were we had no more colors of the rainbow and a lot of left over paint. So we went crazy and had a paint fight, we splashed all the paint on the walls and ended up loving it. Down the hall way was all of out hand prints and the last one was mine. They always treated me like family, when Lila brought me to them they took me right in. It took them a while to get to me, but they got me to open up. I remember watching Mean Girls which was probably the gayest thing we every did, but they were like my parents.