part 6

He walked me to my car and kissed me good bye as I stepped in. I drove off and saw him sigh as he stepped into his car and drove off in the opposite direction. On the way home I stopped by the craft store to buy craft supplies for a "DIY" video I was planing to do.
After getting everything I needed, and of course vlogging it, I drove straight home.
As I walked into my house, I changed out of my dress and into pj's and a top knot. I warmed up some pasta leftover from the other night and sat at my desk. Their wasn't much editing I needed to do for my vlog so I just did some frames and edited in my end screen. After I curled up in my blankets and watched Netflix, I was sitting in my blankets for about two and a half episodes of Orange is the New Black when my phone rang. It was Alec. I straightened out on the couch and answered it.
"Couldn't wait now could you," I said in a half laugh.
"I was expecting a hello." he said.
"Why hello Mr.Alec, for what do I deserve the pleasure of your voice?"
"Very funny, I just wanted to hear your voice."
"Well you're hearing it, what's up?" I asked.
"I'm at home. I finished Orange is the New Black and I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy for finishing it so fast."
"Don't worry, I'm almost done."
The line was silent for a little.
"So I don't know if this was wired or not but me and some of my friends are going to the beach this Friday. They said I could bring some one since they're bringing their girlfriends."
'Girlfriends,' I thought.
"You wouldn't mind coming with me, would you?"
"No, No, I would love to come."
"Sounds great! So I'll pick you up at one on Friday." It was Sunday.
"Yeah," I said my heart was racing suddenly. I knew what was happening. My phone slid out of my hand and hit the floor. I quickly tried to sit up more. I began gasping my, whole body shaking. I began trying to breath. My gasping slowed to shaky breaths. I reached for my pulse as it began to slow. I didn't want to move too quick to trigger sudden speed in heart beat. I slowly bent down to pick up my phone.
"Hello," I asked shaky.
"Oh my God, are you ok? I heard the phone drop and the fumbling I thought someone broke in-"
His words came out quickly. I interrupted him.
"I fine, just a little anxiety is all." There was no need in lying. My anxiety was a part of me, something that I had to live with.
"Oh ok," he said relieved I was ok. "So Friday," he asked gently. "Be ready at one?"
"Yeah I'll see you then." I said I was about to end the phone call when he said.
"You know when someone confirms a date it doesn't mean the conversation is over, and I forgot to get your address."
I laughed. I gave him my address and we continued talking. We talked about our childhood, favorite memories, and even old pets. I was starting to fall asleep while he was talking about his family and what they were like.
"Iris?" he asked.
I hummed in a groggy voice, "Yeah?"
"Tired?" he asked.
"Yeah," I yawned. "I think I'm going to go to sleep."
"Okay," he sighed "Good night."
"Good night." I sighed. I hung up and went to sleep that night I had a dream of the lake and me swaying in his arms.