Speaking of wife... Right on time, our wives returned from their "girl time."

I have no doubt that my sister in-laws asked questions about our past, and no doubt they probably hate my guts right now.

My eyes were only on Andi though, so I can't tell if they're looking at me with disdain. But I could tell that Andi cried, and knowing that never fails to hurt me.

I hate it when Andi cries, and I hate it even more that I'm the reason for her tears.

Andi smiled as she landed her gaze on Faith giggling.

"I've never seen her this happy," Andi said, as she sat beside me.

I smiled. "She's surrounded by a loving family."

Andi nodded. "This is all I want. For Faith to be happy."

"And you? What will make you happy?" I asked.

The smile died on Andi's face.

I reached up and tilted her face towards me.

"Faith..." She whispered huskily, then cleared her throat and moved her face away from my grasp. "I'm happy as long as she is," she said.

I grabbed Andi's hand and lifted it up to my lips.

I kissed her palm softly, and I felt her shiver under my lips.

Her eyes flared, and colour rose to her cheeks.

She tried to pull her hand back, but I tightened my hold on her hand, and intertwined our fingers.

"What are you doing?" She hissed.

"Enjoying my time with my family," I whispered back.

"You can do that without holding my hand," she whispered back.

"Ands, please," I said pleading with my eyes.

All I want us to be close to Andi. To hold her. If she only knew how much I want to hold her in my arms...

Andi sighed and relaxed and turned back towards the kids.

Andi

"She's never been around so much family," I said on the drive home from Luke and Olivia's place.

Ethan smiled. "Now she'll always be."

I smiled and nodded.

Seeing how happy Faith was today, assured me that I made the right decision coming back here. Ethan's family and friends were amazing and so welcoming, that I never for one minute felt out of place. The girls were wonderful and accepted me into the fold so quickly, it was as if I've known them all these years.

"It's so good to see you smile," Ethan said, interrupting my thoughts.

I was smiling? I didn't even realize...

"I had a great time today," I admitted. "Your family and friends are incredible and wonderful people."

"They are, and they're your family now too. They're ours," Ethan said.