Quinci- Accettazione

The Alpha's Huntress
2014 © Luna Night
Quindici- Accettazione

Lady Sara Steven's POV

"You know you can tug, right?" I told her, looking at my neutral complexion through the mirror. The maid chick nodded, brushing my hair a little harder. I honestly didn't need her hand to help out with my hair, but she was actually happy to make a French braid, far too excited to braid the Queen's sister's hair, and I was scared to be alone, in a house so big full of powerful people, now I understood a lot of what Kat warned me, I felt... Inferior, I had no place, I was a buzzing bug in a fest. Plus, I was running from somebody, and I really liked her company. Bonus? I had no fucking idea how to braid my own hair, and she was a hairstylist in the outside world.

"Thank you," I said, standing up from my seat and looking into the full body mirror now. I smoothed down my sleek black gown, and touched the pendant in my throat. I miss Kat, I feel these walls closing in on me, with such brutal force, I don't stand a chance to breathe. "Have they landed yet?" I asked the maid.

"Would you like me to ask Beta?" She asked.

"No, no, no," I waved my hand dismissively. But her eyes clouded over, she was mind-linking him. I frowned, and turned away from her. She's got nothing to do with this, I can't take my anger on her. Wait, am I angry?

"I'll retreat for your breakfast, young Lady," she bowed her head. On her way, she turned at the door and said, "Beta says he's on his way to personally speak to you about the Luna's traveling comfort." Of course he would. He'd talk to me about horny dolphins and food recipes as long as he had me trapped, and he knew once I was trapped, I wouldn't want to escape. I nodded; she walked out, all happy, humming her wolfy song.

True love.

What if your true love was the man you'd never hoped for? I had imagined my true love to like comic books, had a Wattpad account like me and had a talent for cooking and nice set of abs. I kind of had hoped to meet him in a cliché spot at a cliché moment in a cliché way. Something like leaving my purse behind and him handing it back and discovering he's as geeky and nerdy as me.

But I'm no longer a "geek", because my geeky, nerdy fantasy is now my reality. I met him right after my best friend came out of a coma, devastated and confused and lost, that's when I met him. The more I found out about him, the more I knew to stay away. He killed my best friend's parents and brother, he's killed many men from what I've heard, and I saw him kill one of his own, Carlo, over a Pack. I mean I should know these things, but knowing he induces hours and even weeks of torture on men under the catacombs, I can't look him in the eye like true love requires.

But I thought, as I saw Catarina's relationship with Dimitri progress, this is a crazy house, there's no shit about true love. There's love, and people in love do crazy shit and handle crazy things, like having your beloved torture other people. Man, it's not even fully love. Love is a pathway that you take, it's like, this river that you just swim, and it takes you in this current you feel at home, that could kill you and make of you, a wreck.

And that's what Estefan is to me, my most adored wreckage.

He leaned on the doorway, just looking at me, looking at me that way, like I was a forever lasting portrait that he couldn't get bored of, because he couldn't figure me out. But I had him all figured out, and that's what made him exciting, because I knew, the moment I accepted him, if I do, my life would win a meaning. All this time, the time I spent by Catarina, it was like a puppet show, preparing me to this moment, to stand face-to-face with him.

"Estefan," I said, bowing my head awkwardly, whatever the fuck these people did. Humans say what's up and wave a hand, these people are... too regal, and we're too basic.