25

*read authors note at the end.*

*listen to cant help falling in love by elvis presley, or the twenty one pilots cover, whichever on repeat if the song ends before you finish reading*

I got the call on a nice sunny morning.

Walking into the tiny hospital room, I wasn't sure what to expect. His parents weren't in the room. I saw a note on the table beside him.

Dear Stella,

We've gone to inform everyone on Jace's state. We don't think we can stay with him anymore. We know you'll be there with him in his last moments.

The Normans xx

I let out a suprised gasp. They won't be here when Jace dies?!? Nice to know they care about their son.

"Hey Jace." I sniffled, rubbing his head. I imagined how his brown eyes would shine, he would smile, laugh. He'd probably reply with 'hey Stelly.' I choked back tears.

I layed in bed with him, and thinking of something to do.

FLASHBACK

"My mom and dad listen to this song, called Can't Help Falling In Love, by Elvis Presley, and it reminds me of you, Stel, everytime." I teared up, wiping my eyes on the rehab center blankets. "You should listen to it. It's our song."

PRESENT
I wanted to sing to him.
I knew what song.

"Wise men say only fools rush in but I can't help falling in love with you. Shall I stay, would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you.

Like a river flows surely to the sea. Darling so it goes
some things are meant to be
take my hand, take my whole life too, for I can't help falling in love with you."

^^^

Jace died on a Sunday.

It was clear, sunny California weather.

Jace was lying in his bed.

His breaths were ragged and slow.
In
.
.
.
Out

In
.
.
.

The heart rate machine went nuts. I climbed into bed numbly and held him, his head resting on my shaking shoulders. There was nothing I could do, he was gone. I sang.

"Wise men say only fools rush in but I can't help falling in love with you. Shall I stay, would it be a sin, if I can't help falling in love with you.

Like— Jace don't let go— a river flows surely to the sea. Darling so it goes
some things are meant to be
take my hand, take my hand Jace, don't let it go. Don't let go." Doctors and nurses were rushing in, and telling me to let go, but I couldn't. I wouldn't.

I love you

I love you

I love y–

The beeping stopped, and the room cleared out. I screamed. I squeezed his body, I kissed him, I hugged him, I told him I loved him, that everything would be alright, that we'd be together again soon.

"I can't help falling in love with you." I whispered. I was saying goodbye. Forever. I couldn't let go. A security guard came in, and pulled me off of him. He didn't pull to hard, he carries me like a baby to the waiting room. I sat there. I heard doors and crying. I was numb. Nothing mattered.

Then, Xander came up to me. "Is he alright?!" He yelled, tears streaking his face. "He's fine, he's out of here, he's with God, in heaven."

They ran to his room. I stayed. I sat. I tried to stop breathing. I couldn't. My knees hugged to my chest, I screamed in agony for Jace. Only Jace could take away my pain. People were staring, I shook my head, trying to bring him back, maybe reverse time.

"I COULD HAVE SAID GOODBYE!"
I yelled, and I broke down into helpless sobs. Soon Sean and Riele were there, they were holding me, shushing me, trying to help and assure me.
All I could do was shake my head and wish to hold him. To hold him in my arms and hear his laugh and hear him say my name, call me baby and kiss me and hug me and play with my hair and lay with me and watch movies with me and cook with me and go on dates with me and I want to see his face on new episodes of Henry Danger that I haven't seen. I wanted him to tell me everything would be okay, not Sean and Riele. I wanted him.

+++++

hello. im typing this in my tears. im going to write an epilogue, and after that an authors note. Nothing can describe how much I love you guys. i got this from a gay fanfiction i read, his dying scene. i was up till 4 am reading it, and i was crying, sobbing, and i was sad that cas had died, that dean had to be a soldier, that dean left him.. its bringing back terrible memories. i love you all, look out for the epilogue, im sorry it had to come to this, but i didnt know how to end it without it becoming cliche. so ily all, dont forget to vote and comment.