23

*if the link doesnt work, the song is Out Of My League by Fitz and The Tantrums. my fav song :) enjoy!*

Arriving at Universal was probably one of the highlights of my life. We had visited everything I wanted to see. I had gotten so many things Harry Potter related, more than I could count. Everything was perfect.

Then we came home.

It was a chilly November afternoon, and I was with Riele at Starbucks when I had gotten the call.

"And so I told her- I'm getting a call." I said, grabbing my phone to see who was calling. It was Jace.

"Hello?" I said, wondering why he was calling, when he was suposed to be auditioning for something. "Hello dear. It's Mrs.Norman." I heard the familiar friendly voice of Jace's mom. But she sounded quiet and sad, not happy and bright like she usually did.

"Hey Mrs.Norman! How are you?" I asked, mouthing Jace's mom to Riele. "I'm doing okay, I guess. I needed to talk to you." She said, her voice getting more miserable by the second.

"What about?" I asked, getting nervous. "Well, Jace was audtitioning for a role, as you know, and he was driving to fast, and his car got hit by another and the next thing we know, we got a call from the police saying Jace was put into a coma.." She trailed off, and I heard sniffling on the other end.

"A coma." I was lost for words. My baby, my sweet Jace, is in a coma? My mouth dropped wide, and I covered it with my hand, my eyes filling with tears.

"Where are you?" I asked, trying to keep my voice even. "I'm at the hospital downtown. Please come Stella. He would want you here." She said, her voice wavering. "I'm on my way." I hung up.

"What's wrong Stel?" Riele asked, gathering her things along with me. "Jace... He.. He's in a coma." I stuttered, not trying to keep the tears back any longer. "Oh my God! I'll come with you." I smiled gratefully at my best friend, and helped her into her jacket. We grabbed our drinks and phones, heading into the crowded streets of downtown L.A.

I shoved past people, avoiding their eyes. Some muttered apologies, others cursed at my rudeness. I wanted to tell them why I was acting how I was. My beloved is in a coma, you would be the same way.

I hurried down each street, looking for the small hospital.

^^^

We were waiting impatiently with strangers in an elevator, when it happened. The doors opened, and there were doctors running around frantic, Jace's mother screaming, Xander crying silently.

"Where is he?!" I yelled at the lady at the front desk. She looked at me fearfully, pointing to a door.

"Jace." I whispered in his ear as I hugged him tightly.

"Did we jinx ourselves on that plane? When I said 'what if that was us' and you said 'its not, and if it was, we'd have to deal with it'?" I whispered, my face buried in his shoulder.

"I can't believe this is happening. There has to be something?" I asked hopelessly. I looked up at the doctor. "We're trying everything we can." He said.

I shook my head, and cried, crawling into bed with him, falling asleep with him.

+++++

HAHAHA im evil. this story is obviously ending soon, be ause im running out of ideas to make it longer, so im making you all miserable. >:) anyways i think there'll be one more chapter, then an epilogue. i hope you all enjoy reading this story as much as i loved writing it! it was my first jace fanfiction ever! and its gotten so popular, and alot of feedback! ily all, dont forget to comment and vote!