24

*READ AUTHORS NOTE* 

Four months. It had been four months, and Jace still hasn't woken up.

I opened the door to his hospital room.

He was getting thin, pale, his hair matted and tangly.

I checked the clip board next to his bed, homding his hand in mine.

They were going to give him 2 weeks. I prayed and prayed every night that he would wake up. That I would hear his voice again. That he would call me, say my name.

^^^

I woke up to the sound of voices. I had fallen asleep next to Jace again, and his family was talking to the doctors.

"We're not quite sure if he'll wake up. There's about a 50/50 chance. He'll wake up. We just have to give him time. But time is one thing we don't have, and we have more patients. It's been 4 months already, and if he doesn't wake up in the mext 2 weeks, we're going to have to let him go." The doctor said. I got angry. I shot out of bed, and everyone screamed.

"My Jacey is going to wake up!" I screamed.
"He will make it! He will live! We will be together again." Tears swallowed my vision.

"I hope he does. He seems like a very special boy." I nodded, looking down at the love of my life. "He's my special boy." I stroked his face.

^^^

Xander and I were out at IHOP. I had been spending alot of time with the Normans recently. I had hardly been home.

"So when Jace wakes up I think we should–" He cut me off.

"Stella, listen. I love you like a little sister, and I didn't want to have to be the one to tell you this, but I can't stand to see you get your hopes up like this." I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. "Jace isn't going to wake up. The doctor said it was highly unlikely he ever would, and that we need to let him go. Something happened in that crash that caused his brain to be damaged, so if he ever woke up, he wouldn't be the same. He'd suffer memory loss, he'd be bipolar, and he would have to be sent to a special care institution. We didn't want this for him, but we don't want him to live like that if he ever woke up. Jace is a strong dude, and he would've woken up by now if he could." My eyes water. I nod my head.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right." I sniffled, rubbig my eyes. My Jacey was gone already.
++++

i was thinking of making a YouTube channel, would you guys watch it?? idk. leave me comments! hope you enjoy the chapter, ily all lots! dont forget to vote and comment!