18.

||H A R R Y||

Monday 10th March, 2014.
6:42pm, Hackney, London.

It turned out that Katie had contracted a bad case of pneumonia. Of course, I thought she'd just had a small sniffle and cough these past few days but it being so bad to become pneumonia?

I don't know what I'd do if her health got worse.

I'd also found out that my baby had asthma, an invisible trace of it ever since I found her on my doorstep. The doctors were a bit baffled at how myself being her dad, I had no knowledge of her breathing issues.

I'm guessing they don't see the magazines that often.

"Love, why don't you go get some dinner from the canteen? Gemma and your Dad are down there already. I'll watch Katie for you." My stare was firmly on my unconscious child, both of my hands enclasping her smaller one and absolutely having no intention to let go until she opens her eyes.

I had tears of anger rimming my eyes, my jaw clenched and my teeth had gritted together as I thought of myself being so idiotic to not notice my daughter's illness.

Just the sight of her looking so small and Ill on the large hospital bed, had given me the chills. All this machinery was closing in on my baby.

My little baby.

"I'll bring you a sandwich, alright love? Be back in ten." Mum sighed to herself quietly. With a press of her lips to my forehead and to Katie's no longer rosy cheeks, she'd left the room.

I was left with my sleeping baby angel, my fingertips grazing her hairline to keep some of the strands out of her face.

I'd gotten used to Katie's progressing growth these past couple of weeks. Right at the start, I'd seen such a striking similarity between her and I.

But now, she'd started to look and be like her Mother in everything she did.

I'd never conveyed my feeling for Katie's Mum in any way.

Because honestly, I'm still working them out myself.

One half of my body just wants to hug her the minute I see her, to tell her how much I've missed her, to just hold her whilst my lips pressed to hers.

To tell her how much I loved her.

Because I truly did.

I didn't care whether she left my daughter on my doorstep, she must've had her reasons.

The only thing that stood out was that she'd watched over the result of our love for almost five years.

She'd thrown away the time where she should've been with friends and just being a teenager.

She'd taken in the time to be a Mother, to love and care for our baby, to juggle a baby and her education, to hear the taunts and feel the scowls of society.

I wanted to do so much to help her, just to let her know I was there.

But she'd just piled it all on herself and just left.

"Harry, why are you crying?" Ten minutes had whizzed by as I was now in the arms of my Mum, face cuddled into her stomach and arms wrapped around her thighs as her hands caressed my hair.

"I give up, Mum. I can't do this. I can't do this without her. I've been such a failure in just over a month, how am I gonna deal with this all by myself for a lifetime? I need her by my side. I can't believe I haven't noticed how much I actually need her. How much Katie might need her. The poor girl probably has so many thoughts about her Mum, she must be so scared to tell me them. I know that if she did tell me all of them, I'd break down because I know that I can't live without her. I've lasted almost five years but that's it. I want her back. I want to hold her, I want her to know that I love her." All throughout my crying ramble, Mum just thread her fingers through my hair as I held onto her for dear life.

"With patience, Comes the bearer to all happiness." Mum quoted.

"She'll be here." I looked up at my mum in confusion.

"A Mother always knows when her child's in bad health. God blessed women with the joy of carrying one of the World's most beautiful creation, to watch over our offspring and to know when they're in dire need of love. A mother's senses are never wrong, and they will point towards Katie. She will have that sense. She will come." I wasn't able to register anything my Mum had said, thinking that it'd be impossible as she hadn't confronted anybody from England in almost five years.

"Whatever God has in store for all of us, I just hope He knows what He's doing to my little girl." I just leaned the side of my head on Mum's stomach, gazing at Katie.

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry if I'm disturbing anything but Katie just needs a change of her drip." My Mum nodded at the middle aged nurse, a pair of glasses held at her nose and cartoon scrubs as her uniform.

Mum and I just sat there in silence as the Nurse did her job, no words spoken nor any words given.

Until, "She's a pretty little one. I can see some of her Daddy in her nose and lips."

I had a slight blush as the older lady gave me a cheeky grin. "Thank you." I replied quietly.

"In all of my years being a children's nurse, I've got to say, this little cherub has a unique face that I'll remember. Absolute beauty like her's gonna be having a lot of boys at the palm of her hands." The nurse, who's tag said 'Bianca', went to stroke Katie's tousled hair.

"My Harry's gonna be very protective of his princess, aren't you?" Mum lightened the tense mood in the room, an actual smile on face.

"No boy's gonna break my baby's heart and get away with it." My thumb grazed her hand, not being able to contain the thought of my baby crying because of a cowardly boy.

"She is going to get better, Y'know. Just a few more beauty sleeps in the hospital and she's going to be making her way home, on top of the World and reaching for the stars." With that being said and a pat on my back, Bianca told me to smile before leaving to do her duties.

"'Cause baby, you're perfect." I sang in a light melody, a small original piece coming from the top of my head.

She truly was perfect.

____________________

A/N: HIYA!

OMDZ, TODAY WAS SUCH A STRUGGLE FOR PERFECT FOR ME. IT WAS COMING OUT 7:45 IN THE MORNING IN ENGLAND AND I STRUGGLED SO HARD SO I HAD TO LISTEN TO IT AFTER SCHOOL.

CAN WE JUST RANT ABOUT PERFECT LIKE AGH! Y'know what, I want to hear your opinions and rants about how Perfect Perfect is. Comment on this paragraph and just rant.

Ayeeee, see what I did there?😎

Anyway, how are you guys? I see you, ghost readers. Comment and make this girl happy please. I see you guys vote but no comments. It's good to get feedback sometimes and I just want to know what, all of these people, think about my book.

And ugh, sorry I haven't gotten the ILY alternative out yet. I'm thinking of writing a few chapters and then publishing it. Just a jump start but I've got a title.

Drum roll please.

It's called...

LITTLE ONE.

Some of you guys may have seen a story with this title somewhere on WATTPAD, but I deleted like three of those re-writes. But now, this is permanent.

At least I'm gonna try to keep it as that.

But yeah, the alternative is called Little One and I've got the prologue written down.

I hope you like Katie's 'Mum' in the alternative, because the person I've got cast as ze Mère, is the nicest person ever.

Oh and I'm starting my own hashtags for this story.

#2CHAPTERSTOGO.

#WHOISKATIESMUM?

#MIsTheFirstLetter.

Can't wait😉.

Later bebz.

Sophie xoxo.

||Posted On Friday 16Th October, 2015.||