12.

||H A R R Y||

Wednesday 5th February, 2014.
8:56am, London, England.

"Mister, stop sleeping!" I jumped out of my near sleep mode, loud mutters leaving my mouth as I looked at my surroundings.

Oh yeah.

We were at the school.

And it turned out that my sleep deprivation had to catch up with me this morning as I hadn't gotten an ounce of sleep last night. All I remember is myself going to sleep at 6 in the morning. Yeah, six doesn't work for my sleep schedule.

"I've lost all faith in this." I heard her speak under her breath as she shook her head. Or did I hear something else? I don't even know.

Also, I thought setting out for the visit earlier would mean cutting the traffic, but not this early. I'd been sat here for fifteen minutes with Katie. I could've gained some more sleep.

"Mr Styles, hello!" My head raised slowly to see a brunette haired lady at the door of the reception. My body got up quickly from the plush blue seat, as did Katie's as she hauled her backpack back onto her back. "Miss Bakewell?" I asked, her head nodding as she offered me a handshake, to which I did.

Since I was closer now, I noticed her physical appearance in detail. There was a small quantity of grey hair amongst the brunette strands and I noticed the slightest amount of ageing creases in her face. Her blue eyes are what stood out most, being a delightful colour from her fair skin. Her body adorned a long sleeved purple blouse along with some black slacks and normal flats. Thickly rimmed glasses framed her face, making her eyes sparkle in a way.

"It's nice to meet you, but please call me Harry." It was weird to have people older than me to refer me as formal as they can. Growing up, Mum taught me that's disrespectful and rude.

Always respect your elders, she said.

And of course, I obliged.

"Whatever makes you feel comfortable, and I assume this is little Katie. Hello, dearie." Miss Bakewell had bent down to Katie's height, offering her a handshake aswell. Katie had shyly lowered her head, "Hi."

My eyes widened at her sudden change in behaviour. Katie's behavioural change was unique and inter-detailed in a lot of ways. She was sassy in one, polite in the other and right now, she looked so innocently shy. I wondered as to how many other personalities her body contained and the secrets they held, thinking why she acted in so many ways.

I was yet to discover who the real girl was behind Katie Styles, myself.

"Well are you a shy little poppet? It's alright, over time, we'll be the best of friends. Would you like that?" Katie nodded.

"Katie, would you like to hold my hand?" The shy feeling four year old looked up at me, her eyes asking for permission. I smiled and replied, "Go ahead."

My hand held her back, gently pushing her towards Miss Bakewell as she started to walk herself.

"Now, to my office." Miss Bakewell said in a very kiddy voice, making me chuckle as she did the most jolliest walk.

It was all elbows and forearms swinging and leg flicks while walking forward. I saw Katie giggling at this teacher's childishness, as did I.

Along the way, I noticed presentation boards on the wall decorated with different pieces of work done by the kids. Handprints bordered the board with splotchy bright paints with a large variety of names written in scribbles.

It looked absolutely adorable.

"Take a seat, you two." Miss Bakewell said as she led us inside her, rather colourful, office. The room was a bright pink with the borders being a variety of butterflies. Frames hung on the walls of teaching quotes and even some pictures of her with classes. There were two filing cabinets in the corner as the desk sat in the middle, which Miss Bakewell had already made her way to.