7.

||H A R R Y||

Saturday 1st February, 2014.
12:09pm, Manchester, England.

"Your Dad trying to be the bigger man, he climbed up the tree to get the football. An hour later, you'd find us at the hospital because he broke his leg from falling off of the damn thing!" My Dad did his mighty laugh as Katie and Gemma laughed along to one of his stories of me as a kid.

I hate everybody.

I groaned for the thousandth time, my body slouching more and more in the black sofa chair and away from humankind.

"When were you NOT a klutz?" Gemma snorted, my body straightening up from its slouching position, reaching across to where Gemma was sat on the sofa with Katie and Dad.

I smacked her across the head.

"You douche!" Gemma whined, rubbing her head as Dad covered Katie's ears. She heard though.

She gasped.

Oh yeah, did I tell you how Dad and Katie were now inseparable?

When Katie exited the car, Dad just walked forward and picked her up. Introductions were given forth and the rest was history. Katie had a bright smile at the mention of sandwiches waiting for her and Dad smiled at the fact that he had a little granddaughter.

Of course, Dad took me aside and asked me the general questions about Katie and her Mother. He was surprised at who the Mother was, but not fully.

All he said was to man up, be kind, and be protective.

And not walk out like he did.

I sighed at the statement. When my Dad said that he and Mum weren't going to be together anymore, my 7 year old heart broke so hard. Dad was around for two years and just left home. He and Mum knew it was for the best and eventually, Robin came around.

Dad still called daily to see how Gemma and I were doing, but it just wasn't the same.

14 years later and I was used to it now.

I made a small promise to never walk out on Katie like Dad did to Gemma and I. I was the only immediate blood relative she had and leaving her, I'd never forgive myself.

"You swore." Katie whispered, her eyes narrowed as she glared at Gemma.

"Douche isn't a-" Gemma swore once again but Katie's hand covered her mouth to stop any more obscenities. "Mommy says those who swear will never amount to anything." She quietly explained. I smiled at her cute way of explaining.

"I amounted to something though." Gemma said, her hand raising to hold Katie's as her face softened. "What?" Katie asked, doing her signature confused tilt.

"Actually being able to meet a little sweetheart like you." And that is when my heart melted. I noticed dad's

My hand came to my head, my face contorting and incoherent sounds leaving my mouth as I mentally awed at their cuteness.

The Gemmazilla turned good.

Katie's cheeks coloured red, her teeth were visible as she held the most adorable smile with her dimples slightly on show. "Thank you." She coyly replied, Gemma unable to resist her cuteness and just grabbing her in a huge hug.

"You're too cute!" Gemma squealed, rocking back and forth with Katie.

"Alright, alright, no need to gobble up the poor girl." I snorted, Gemma gasping and releasing one hand to smack me over the head.

"Atleast I'm making an appropriate attempt at befriending my only niece." Gemma then flipped her and went back to talking to Katie.

"Son, can I talk to you in the kitchen for a few minutes?" Dad asked, catching my attention as he got up, myself quickly following his lead.