14.

||H A R R Y||

Sunday 16th February, 2014.
5:00pm, London, England.

Katie's favourite thing for me to do is the rocket ship.

The few seconds of excitement and giggles that came from her whenever I held her and zoomed her around, was an absolute joy to witness. Her hair would be a slight mess and she'd be slightly dizzy whenever I put her down.

She always made it a mission to never fall to the ground as she muttered repeatedly, "Nobody can drag me down."

She had an absolute fire for a heart and made me think she was never scared of the dark, when in reality, she never made it look so easy. She had a river for a soul, and she was a boat. If I didn't have her here now, there would've been nothing left, the shell of a man who could never be his best towards his little princess. If I didn't have her here, I would've never seen the sun.

The sun was her.

My ray of sunshine was kept from me for so many years, but she taught me how to be a better father now.

But for now, my little ray of sunshine was being heavily concealed from the sky.

The millions of clouds were being greedy but i was being obstinate.

Media had spotted Katie with me during one of her few drop-offs and pick-ups from school. My representatives from Modest! management had repeatedly called me and sent me messages but after the 113th missed call telling me to immediately call them back, I'd blocked their number and spent as much time as I could to get to know my new favourite blonde.

Her favourite colour was pink, as it was the most prettiest colour for a princess like her to wear (Katie's words, not mine). Her favourite juice was Apple, just like her Mum's. Her favourite food was pizza and ice cream and weirdly enough, she had a slight obsession with pickles. I asked why her four year old taste buds were fond of the weird food, and she'd responded with a mere shrug and went back to devouring her small jar of pickles, to which I shuddered. She disliked mushrooms the most, exactly like her Mother as she practically gagged and shook her head repeatedly when I jokingly offered if she wanted some mushrooms as a topping in her pizza.

"Kill me." She muttered in response before she pulled the most adorable yet disgust-looking face she could do to emphasise her hate for them. I also found out that she had a love for doing cartwheels and balancing whenever and wherever she could. Along with that talent, I also summed up in my head that Katie's Mother inhabited her talents within her daughter. My worrisome trait had peeked out slightly when I saw Katie using one arm when performing her cartwheel but she'd just give me a leg hug and say, "I'll be fine, Mister. I promise. You can say 'I told you so' if I do get hurt."

The past two weeks were an absolute whirlwind, my own mind thinking as to how they went so quick and how accustomed I was to a little body sleeping on my back every single day. How accustomed I was to the constant back pains, but the slight weight on my back reassured me that my daughter was there and she was breathing. She may have her beautiful eyes closed, but feeling her body raise and lower as she breathed in her sleep made me confirm in my head that she was okay. That's all I wanted. For my princess to be okay.

I knew she was more than okay when on Valentine's Day, I decided to treat her to a little teddy bear and a very unique card that said "To my Tiny Valentine, all the love goes to one special daughter." Her face was absolutely priceless to see and it made me so happy inside that I made her smile that way. It was much more different than the other times the corners of her lips turned upwards. Along with the smile, came small tears as she wrapped her arms around my neck as tight as she could.