Scorch Trials 11

Teresa's POV

"It's not what you think." I told Jo. I came here to get rid of the walkie, but now it's too late.
"Really?" She scoffed. "Cause it seems like, you've been talking to WCKD."
"No I haven't even talk to them. I just took it for... I don't even know why I took it. Please don't be mad I just got you back and I can't lose you because of our disagreements on WCKD." I told her. I am starting to regret even thinking about WCKD. Look at where my thoughts have gotten me.

Jo got up and walked out of the tent not saying anything.
"Jo I'm sorry okay!" I yelled at her as I got out of the tent. She turned around to face me, her hands were placed on her waist.
"Are you kidding me right now? Why are you sorry?" Her question caught me off guard. "Dee- Teresa  you always saw the best in people, especially WCKD and I gave you a hard time about it, I still do."

"How did you find it?" I asked her.
"Like I told you I was looking through Minho's things when I heard a small static sound coming from our tent. I went to see what it was and then I found this hidden in your things."
I bit my lip nervously and played with my fingers.
"At first I was in shock, angry thinking that you had betrayed us."
"But I didn't, I haven't." I defended myself.
"I know and I had this whole speech prepared until I heard what they were talking about. Paige was talking to various groups that were searching for us. She was telling them the plans they have and how close they were to finding a cure."  She sat down on the ground and motioned me to sit next to her.

"I think you were right. I think WCKD could be good." She told me.
Now I am even more confused about what I should do. "They are changing, slowly. I remembered them being harsh and cruel, while they wore a mask of hope for the people of the outside world. They kept saying how valuable you and Thomas are to help them find a cure."
I got up and looked around the camp. I came here with half of the intention to destroy the walkie if Counselor Paige didn't agree with my terms and now Jo, out of all people is saying that we should help WCKD.
"Do you really think we can help WCKD change and find a cure?" I asked doubtfully. "I'm mean what would Thomas think if I contacted them. He would-"
"For once in your life stop thinking about Thomas and think about what is more important." She cut me off. "Your so called 'friendship' with Thomas or the fate of the human race?" She snapped.

I shook my head trying to piece everything together the pros and cons of my decision. "I could lose him, he's my best friend. "
"But without you two, it's the end of human kind." Jo told me.
"Okay we'll call them but I have to tell Thomas."
"No you can't. You can't tell him anything it can ruin our plans." Jo said sternly as she got up.
"I at least have to say goodbye." I whispered.
"Fine but don't tell him anything. Now let's call them." She tuned the walkie to the different stations and finally we found the one they were communicating on.
"Here let me they'll trust us more if they hear my voice." I grabbed the walkie and pushed the button. "H-hello?"

"Who is this? This a secure line how did you get on?" A man asked.
"My name is Teresa Agnes and I'd like to speak to Counselor Ava Paige." I heard nothing coming from the other end so I decided to try again. "My name is Teresa Agnes, is anyone there?"
"Hello Teresa. It's good to finally hear from you." Counselor Paige was now speaking to the walkie. "I hope you didn't forget our deal, we need you and Thomas.
"Right of course I would also like to say that uh my sister Jo she is with me."
"Hmm do you trust her?"
"Yeah I do." I said looking over at Jo.
"Well I will take your word for it. Now do you know where you are?"
"Not sure but we will send the coordinates soon."
"Perfect, stay on the main line and contact us as soon as possible. I hope to hear from you soon." I changed the walkie to the main line just as Counselor Paige had instructed.

"I'm going to look for the coordinates. What are you going to do?" Jo asked me.
I gave her a look as if she didn't know what I was going to do. "Right Thomas, but you better not tell him anything, you just have to say goodbye."
I gave her a nod and she left towards the Center. I looked at the walkie and started thinking about what my future would unfold, the different reactions from everyone I know.

"We have to get him." A quite voice came out of the walkie that took me out of my thoughts. "When we get the coordinates from Teresa we will get Thomas and prep him up for the harvest. He can no longer be trusted."
"What if she doesn't cooperate?" Another voice asked.
"Then we'll make her choose Thomas, or her sister."

I gasped and dropped the walkie on the floor. No, no, no! What have I done? I can't trust WCKD I have to find Thomas and tell him everything. Even if it means losing him.
"Hey, let me take the walkie just incase."  I quickly picked up the walkie and turned around to see Jo jogging towards me.
"Yeah here just make sure you turn it off so no one hears it." I told her.
"You good?" She asked me raising an eyebrow.
"Yeah just thinking about what I am going to say to Thomas."
"Don't worry it's for the best. You'll see." Jo gave my hand a squeeze before disappearing once again.

I waited a bit before following Jo's footstep and going into the Center of the Red Arm. I made my way to Mary's tent, the man was no longer guarding it so I looked inside and Brenda was there sleeping. She looked a bit better but she doesn't look completely healthy. I kept looking around and there was no sign of Thomas anywhere. The only people I recognized were Newt, Giselle and Frypan who were eating on the floor. Maybe they knew where he went.