Chapter 28 - Back to Rehearsals and True Feelings

Dillon managed to be in every single class I was in. I don't know how, but he did. It made it extremely hard to avoid him, and whenever I was with Danny, he'd show up magically. Even though I didn't want to leave Earth at the moment, I wished they just found Lucille already so the stalking would stop.

And it was even worse when we got to rehearsal.

"Look, I'm just saying that my director will not be happy when she sees you." Danny told Dillon as the bus stopped in front of the college, and we all stood up to get off. "She doesn't exactly like random people watching rehearsals when you could just come see the show."

"Well, then she just won't see me then." He countered as we all stepped off the bus and into the spring-ish air, which was still cold, even for California. "Everyone's going to be so relieved about Lily being her they won't notice anything else."

"That's what you think." Danny and I muttered in unison as we shoved open the auditorium doors, and the first thing I saw was Rapunzel's tower with somebody else in it. Oh, it is so on.

"Hey!" I called, approaching the stage and watching the other actor's jaws drop. "That's my part."

"Lily!" Ms. Davis exclaimed, running over to me and placing her hands on my shoulders, examining me all over. "Where've you been? Are you hurt?"

"No, I'm fine." I assured her, looking back up at the tower with my understudy. "Thanks Jade, but I'll take it from here." I told her as she nodded and began climbing down. "Did anything change while I was gone?"

"Other than our sanity? Nothing." Penny, the actress who played Cinderella, told me. "Gave us all heart attacks and everything went crazy."

"Sorry about that." I apologized as Jade approached me, taking the enormous blonde wig off her head and giving it to me. 

"All yours, Lily." She said as she walked off and joined the other unneeded understudies sitting in the front row.

"And Danny, you're here too." Ms. Davis said, bringing him aside and talking to him while I made my way to the stage and up my tower, placing the wig firmly on my head and strapping it in. It's thirty pounds at least, and it hung over the tower and was only short half a foot from the ground. Yes, I needed the strap. "Okay, let's run it!" She called as everyone went to their starting places of the Rapunzel scene, and we ran through it a couple times so I could remember it.

As we started doing full run-throughs of different scenes, I hoped that tonight we could stay late so Dillon would have to head back, but he'd just wait outside like a guard dog. I wondered what it must've taken to get him to where he is now, with the whole academy thing and being best in his class. But I prayed, prayed to God that there would be no more fights because he probably could kill somebody, and I wouldn't be able to live with that. Not with the way I'm living now.

"Okay, we'll see you again tomorrow night, get lots of sleep, next week we open!" Ms. Davis called as rehearsal ended, and I unstrapped the wig and tossed my head from side to side, moving my completely stiff neck. One week till we open. One more week where I have to stay here.

"Okay, we should get back before everyone in the staff gets totally mad at us." Danny stated as he took his character shirt off, putting it on his costume rack. "I don't even know how late it is now."

"I don't know, eleven at least." I stated, placing my costume pieces on the rack and slipping on my normal clothes. "Now come on, Dillon will find us on the way out."

"Like anyone would want to find him." He muttered sarcastically, and I couldn't help but laugh. We started down the long walkway out of the auditorium, and yes, Dillon did catch up with us.