Chapter 14 - Dillon and The Misson

I think she liked my idea of killing the King, because she smiled and nodded, swimming over to the end of the cave, waving to the side with her hand. I saw another figure appear, one I haven't seen before, and he came in closer.

"This is Dillon, he'll be watching you while I go grab something." She told me as he swam closer, leaving her alone on the outside of the cave.

“Wait, you don’t trust me?” I asked, and she immediately shook her head. “Thanks.”

“It’s not you, I’m just making sure you don’t wander off and get yourself in trouble.” She explained before swimming off, leaving me with this guy I've never seen before.

"Hi." I said awkwardly, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Hi." He smiled, resting himself on the table, letting his blood-colored tail flip lazily. "I'm Dillon. I'm a… friend of hers."

"Oh, that's cool. Were you isolated like us?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

"Yeah, you could say that." He smirked, showing his sea-colored eyes as he flipped his dark hair to the side. "But I haven't seen you on this part of Antastica before."

"Yeah, I'm kinda new…" I trailed, running a hand over my scaly tail. "Oh, and my name's Aqua."

He sat still for a couple seconds, his eyes flickering as his mouth dropped slightly, and turned his head away from me. "Aqua?" He asked, taking in a deep breath. "Oh my God…"

"What?" I asked, scooting closer, leaning in next to him.

"Oh, nothing." He said quickly, but his gaze landed on mine again. "You have very pretty eyes."

I smiled, turning away and laughing lightly. "So do you."

"Thanks." He smiled, shrugging. "Well, you know that all mermaids have the same eye color."

"Yeah, so I've heard." I said, followed by an awkward silence.

"So, um, what world are you from?" He asked after the silence, trying to find a conversation.

"Well, I've been told from here…" I started, looking out past the cave. "But I've been living on Earth most of my life."

"Oh, that sucks." He stated, and my eyes found his again.

"Yeah, but it's okay." I assured him, changing the subject onto him. "So, um, were you always an outsider?"

"Yeah, most of the people in Antastica have either a green, yellow, or purple tail, and somehow, I got blood red. They thought I was different, weird, insane, a killer. Stereotypical shit." He answered, looking down at the tail. "But it's okay, I've got Lucy."

"And me." I smiled, pointing to myself with my thumbs.

He chuckled. "And you." He added, interlacing my hand in his. My hand tingled, but I kept it still, seeing if he pulled away, which he didn't. "You're different, you know that right?"

"Well, apparently, so is every outsider." I countered, but he lifted his hand to my chin, tilting my head upward, and close to his.

"No…" He whispered, caressing his free hand over my face. "It's a special kind of different." He breathed, and my eyes landed on his as he leaned in, and I closed my eyes, waiting for my lips to meet his.

"I'm back!" I heard Lucy's voice, and we jolted away from each other, keeping our heads down. "Oh, good, you're still here." She had a brown sack in her hand, and she reached in, pulling out a silver dagger with a rough leather handle. "I thought this might help you."

I swam to her and she handed it to me, and I ran my hand over the smooth surface, placing a finger on the point for a split second. "This is perfect." I smiled, placing it on the inside of my jacket, which I surprisingly still had. "The King will pay for what he's done."

"You go do that then." She insisted, but still stopped me from leaving. "But first, I need you to do something else."

"Alright, fine. What do you need this time?" I asked, feeling the opportunity of killing my enemy slipping from me with every wasted minute.

"I need you-" she started, pointing at me with her hands close together. "-to go to the Cordelia Castle and retrieve something that is mine." She finished, pointing behind me.

"Alright, seems fair. Did they take something from you?" I asked, turning around and seeing the gold castle in the distance.

"Yes." She replied, and I turned back to face her. "The King has bottles of stored Magic, literally pure Magic. I need you to retrieve them from me, they should be glowing like yours, but different colors. I don't know where they would be either, but I know they're there."

"Alright then. I guess killing the King will have to wait." I stated, but kept the dagger in my jacket. "I'll be back shortly."

"Yes, and do be careful. Antastica guards may not be as equipped as Tanyela, but they still know how to put up a good fight."

"Oh please." I scoffed, twisting my hand into a flat in-your-face hand. "Once I have a mission to complete something, it gets done,"

She smiled in a stereotypical evil smile, tapping her fingers against the others. "Good, good… you might actually be very useful to me down the line, then…" She swam close to me, but still didn't exit the cave. "Now go, there's work to be done."

"Okay." I finished, leaning sideways, looking at Dillon, who was still sitting on the table. "I'll see you later, Dillon." I smiled and swam off, heading towards the castle of the Cordelia's. I hope they are there anyway, just so I can give them a good piece of my mind. Banishing a woman and a boy because they were different… so what? I think they should've banned the sea witch instead of Lucy and Dillon. They seem like much nicer merpeople.

I looked back at the cave before leaving, seeing them floating there, waving at me. I waved back and headed off, beginning the journey to kill the King. But I still had to obtain the Magic to get my legs back and that sort of thing. But it was a step.

When I was approaching the castle, there was only one problem that came into my head; how the hell was I supposed to get in there?